FI doesn't want to do TTD :*(

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 classadiva

• 685 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:32 AM

Good for you!!! As usual...with the right "coaching" and a soft touch...we can usually get our way...HEHEHE...shhhh...don't tell my FI I said that!!! LOL

#12 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

does he realise that no-one else will be there to see you?maybe hes thinking he will look a fool in front of people.also is that you saying that you don,t want to do it after the ceremony?if so can,t you compromise?

#13 riokayak

• 175 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

Glad he came around! All the TTD pictures I've seen are beautiful.

#14 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:57 AM

It's funny, Shellk, because that's kind of what I"M afraid of! His mom wakes up at the CRACK of dawn, before sunset.... so that is my newest worry, that she'll be following us around while we're trying to spend time together... but whatever-- I still hope it works out!

and Bride2b10- I plan on 'sweetening' up the idea whenever possible! I think us ladies know how to really make that work in our favor :)
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#15 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

I was debating on doing a TTD. After my wedding, I decided that I spent too much money and time picking the perfect dress, then the fittings, alterations, ect....starving myself for a few days before to make sure nothing would bust open, lol. I have a lot of respect for my dress, it has held up through all that traveling and sweat. So I just couldn't bear to jump into an ocean or roll around in the sand while wearing it. Just another view on things, maybe that would make you feel better if FI doesn't budge.

#16 amandalsu

• 122 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

Yay. I am happy he agreed. Mine was a little hesitant but then realized he really didn't have much choice in it. :)

#17 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

I'm so happy he caved for you!! hehe but he really will love the photos they produce... I have seen some of the most NATURAL photos (re: smiles and gestures) in the TTD shots! Maybe once you get down there you can work on getting him into his full outfit, but for now at least he is game!! :) My FI, comparatively said that he didn't care what it would cost, those pictures were HOT Haha
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#18 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

It's so great that you've gotten him talked into it! Have you shown him pics of others' TTD sessions (maybe from the girls here?)? Honestly they're some of the best pics I've seen. Even if they're not super steamy (which lots are & that would be fun!) they capture so much intimacy between couples. You can just relax & be yourselves and get so many unique shots. And you don't have to roll around in the sand if you don't want to. I've seen lots of cool pics of people walking around in quaint towns with cool architectural elements. There's a bazillion ways to do a TTD shoot!
                  And if your MIL doesn't know where you'll be she can't follow! Or you could just tell her that it's just the two of you & you're not comfortable with people watching.

#19 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
                  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

LOVE IT!!!!

the TTD is the one thing that i am so sad about missing due to an AHW (at home wedding).

Although I did find a cool heated pool to possibly jump into. hmmmmm.

i have heard from other brides that it is a blast and i personally think that they have some of the BEST pictures!
                    "Formerly goNDmay9"
                    "so long and thanks for all the fish!"

#20 pineapple princess

pineapple princess
                    • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

one more comment.....it's not "really" bribery. i believe the technical term is positive reinforcement!
                      "Formerly goNDmay9"
                      "so long and thanks for all the fish!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users