Creating Registries?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shommy128

• 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:59 PM

My mother's friend said she would not be able to join us in Jamaica but wants my mom to tell her when I've posted my registry. Is there proper etiquette for when to post your registry? How many months in advance should it be posted?

#2 Sandra&Mario

• 336 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

You can post it as soon as you'd like! Most guests won't be viewing it (unless they're nosy of course) until bridal shower/wedding invitations are sent. Our wedding is in January and my bridal shower was last Sunday. We've had our registry up since June (so about 7 months out). I'm sure couples have it up much earlier, but like I said...there's really no need to view it until you're ready to purchase and give a gift! Happy Registering...it's so much fun!

#3 meggo7

• 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:08 PM

All depends I guess on how 'formal' you are trying to be. If you are having an engagement party, some couples i knew are already registered for that, or at least for the bridal shower. So to be more 'formal' you can just let her know around the time of your shower that you've registered at certain stores.

It takes time to register, so once you have done it, might as well let people know. And if they ask, even better! Then it's not too awkward to just say 'well we've registered at so and so..."

We had a late engagement party, and forgot to include the registry. My mom got about a million questions about where we were registering...people just want to know so they can get you a gift they know you can use!

#4 Shommy128

• 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Thanks ladies, this helps! I can't wait to get my hands on that scan gun LOL

#5 *New* Mrs. G

*New* Mrs. G
          • 226 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

FI and I did ours yesterday, kinda late with less than 4 months to go. Some people who aren't coming actually asked if we are going to have one so they could get us a wedding gift.

We weren't sure what to put on there, since we have mostly what we need already. We scanned items that we'd LIKE to have, and other new items like towels, sheets & duvet. I found the supplementary information they gave us helpful (checklists, suggestions etc)

#6 Shommy128

• 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:34 PM

THey give you suggestions?!?!?! That's good because I'm not sure if I would know what to choose. My FI and have been together forever also and have all of the typical wedding gifts. But new sheets, towels, and cookware would work for me :)

#7 rbowman

• 107 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

Did you put where you registered on your website or just spread the information by word of mouth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users