20 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mlb36
    I will most likely not have bridesmaids. If I do, I plan on waiting until they have decided for sure they are going & then ask them. That way they were able to figure out if they can go first & won't feel pressure.
    That's a good idea.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
    • 298 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:54 PM

Well, obviously I can't afford to pay for my attendants to join us so what I have decided to do was pay for all of there BM dresses and GM attire. I feel that is fair because they are forking out money to attend our wedding and I feel like I want to give back to them all. What do you think? ( I haven't told them this yet, I want it to be a surprise)

#13 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

Hey Jill - i attended a DW at Fiesta Americana Grand and stayed there for a week this past summer so if you have any questions PM me.

#14 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:22 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RiuBride2b
          Well, obviously I can't afford to pay for my attendants to join us so what I have decided to do was pay for all of there BM dresses and GM attire. I feel that is fair because they are forking out money to attend our wedding and I feel like I want to give back to them all. What do you think? ( I haven't told them this yet, I want it to be a surprise)
          Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#15 dlou

dlou
          • 100 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

I'm also paying for my BM's dresses, but not their rooms or flights. We are thinking of covering the costs of everyones airport transfers, which will be about $40 per person, but we haven't decided for sure yet.

#16 Heidi

Heidi
            • 2,642 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by RiuBride2b
              that is exactly what I plan on doing for my BMs!!
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#17 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for posting this Jaime!

#18 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

I wish I could afford to pay for our bm's and gm's accomodations but we can't.. We have also offered to pay for their dresses etc. My MOH and BM expected to pay for their own flight/accomodations so that hasn't been an issue (in fact they are already saving for the trip). We also picked a low-season time so it can be more affordable for our guests.

I bought a book that is all about planning destination weddings and in there is says you aren't required to pay for your wedding parties' travel or accomodations.. so it's hard to know for sure when everyone says something different.

If we have any extra money left over after the planning and OOT bags etc I would love to give some of that for the bm's and gm's accomodations but I don't want to promise that and then not follow through...

Oh, I should also note that my MOH and BM would be sharing a two bedroom condo with their significant others anyways... so for the four of them it would be fairly cheap... and I think that our BM and GM would share a two bedroom condo too with significant others.. anything to keep the costs down :)

#19 verrow23

verrow23
                  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:24 PM

Good article!
                    I knew he was the man I would marry as soon as we met...

#20 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                    • 298 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

I believe no one in my wedding party was expecting for us to pay for there travel or accommodations. I just feel that they are taking time from there lives and money to come and join us for our special day. I want to give back and just say thank you!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users