Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Daiquiri


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
  • Member
  • 512 posts

    Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

    I wasn't married there, but I was married at the Melia Cayo Guillermo resort right next door to the Iberostar Daiquiri and I was at that resort A LOT for the market place and the bank! :) The grounds are really, really pretty ...

    I'll warn you now: The beach is VERY shallow there ... so they don't really do beach weddings, unless it's just the two of you. Melia Cayo Guillermo wouldn't let me, I ended up using the pier stretching into the water ... but the Ibersotar has a super nice gazebo on the grounds and a really nice boardwalk leading out to the water as well ...

    I could be wrong - but I say this because the Iberostar shared the same beach with the Melia Cayo Guillermo resort!

    If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message! :)

    Happy planning!!

    #12 kat_mc13

    kat_mc13
    • Newbie
    • 67 posts

      Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

      So I found a group on facebook about the resort and there were a couple girls in there who had got married at ID and they had really good things to say, and they let me see their pictures too! I also found out someone else I know who got married there and again only good things to say. If anyone else is thinking of that resort or wants more info you should check out that group, there's lots of pics posted there too of the grounds and some excursions. I'm really relieved by all this since it was so hard to find info before :)

      #13 kat_mc13

      kat_mc13
      • Newbie
      • 67 posts

        Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by BlissfulMsMiranda
        I wasn't married there, but I was married at the Melia Cayo Guillermo resort right next door to the Iberostar Daiquiri and I was at that resort A LOT for the market place and the bank! :) The grounds are really, really pretty ...

        I'll warn you now: The beach is VERY shallow there ... so they don't really do beach weddings, unless it's just the two of you. Melia Cayo Guillermo wouldn't let me, I ended up using the pier stretching into the water ... but the Ibersotar has a super nice gazebo on the grounds and a really nice boardwalk leading out to the water as well ...

        I could be wrong - but I say this because the Iberostar shared the same beach with the Melia Cayo Guillermo resort!

        If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a message! :)

        Happy planning!!

        Thanks for your help Miranda, and I love your pic! And definitely good to know about the bank at the resort.

        Did you go on any excursions while you were there? Or any can't miss things to do? I just figure since they're beside eachother you'd probably know :)

        #14 BlissfulMsMiranda

        BlissfulMsMiranda
        • Member
        • 512 posts

          Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by kat_mc13
          Thanks for your help Miranda, and I love your pic! And definitely good to know about the bank at the resort.

          Did you go on any excursions while you were there? Or any can't miss things to do? I just figure since they're beside eachother you'd probably know :)
          There were 2 excursions we did - one was with our entire wedding party and it was to a nearby beach that is absolutely pristine and gorgeous ... can't remember the name of it right now ... that also included snorkeling with lots of cool fishes right off a nearby island! The excursion takes about a 1/2 day and it wasn't expensive at all, which is why we ALL did it together.

          Then, hubby and I did an all-day jeep/boat excursions where we drove jeeps around the area and went on a speed boat tour of the mangroves (we got to drive the boats!) as well as snorkeling (again, really cool fishes and even muskrats which can be creepy, but they were actually really cute!). It was a long day, but the guides were SO nice and it was cool to see more of the area ...

          Here, I've opened up our album of the day on Facebook:
          Login | Facebook

          #15 kat_mc13

          kat_mc13
          • Newbie
          • 67 posts

            Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

            Looks like you guys had a great time! I like the idea of the group going to the beach together.

            Did you book your excursion through the resort when you got there or did you do it ahead of time?

            #16 kurri71

            kurri71
            • Newbie
            • 13 posts

              Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

              So we're back to the cold and married!! The wedding day and week was amazing. The wedding coordinators (Yoanka and Junior) were great to work with. Fire away if you have any questions.

              #17 kurri71

              kurri71
              • Newbie
              • 13 posts

                Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

                So we're back to the cold and married!! The wedding day and week was amazing. The wedding coordinators (Yoanka and Junior) were great to work with. Fire away if you have any questions.

                #18 RonNMel

                RonNMel
                • Jr. Member
                • 388 posts

                  Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

                  I'm not getting married there, but I'd love to read a review and/or see pictures.

                  #19 kat_mc13

                  kat_mc13
                  • Newbie
                  • 67 posts

                    Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

                    We're back too, and it was amazing! If anyone is thinking about doing it here I would highly recommend it. I totally agree that the wedding coordinators were great, and so was everyone else that worked there :)

                    #20 kurri71

                    kurri71
                    • Newbie
                    • 13 posts

                      Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kat_mc13
                      We're back too, and it was amazing! If anyone is thinking about doing it here I would highly recommend it. I totally agree that the wedding coordinators were great, and so was everyone else that worked there :)

                      Welcome back and congrats. It was a great week that our whole group (aged 8 to 7 enjoyed.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users