other photographer options?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 acacia

acacia
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

hey ladies-
    just wondering if anyone else has any cabo photog contacts besides leigh and juan? Ones that you would reccomend of course :)

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

are you looking to bring one with you or hire someone local?

#3 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

Umm off the top of my head Bradley Fraser, Thomas Barron, oh yeah and Jonathan Thrasher and Jill Higgins on this site do destination weddings as well if you wanted to fly someone in. Jonathan did Jessalyn's wedding and Jill did Lenita's wedding and they both did an awesome job.

#4 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:51 PM

Yes, I can attest that Jonathan Thrasher was fantastic. My guests loved him. He was pleasant and professional....oh, and I LOVE my pictures!! ...the ones I've seen so far. He is a DW photographer...so, he's not based out of Cabo.
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#5 acacia

acacia
          • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:55 PM

Isnt it more cost efficient to use someone who is in Cabo already? when you fly someone in you have to cover thier airfare and hotel right?

#6 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

Yes when you use someone from outside you do have to pay for their travel and expenses but sometimes an outside photog will cost about the same or even less than a cabo photog. It all depends. What specifically are you looking for? I noticed you specified Juan and Leigh? Are you not interested in using them for a specific reason or did you just want more options? What are you looking for a certain type of photog or are you basing your decision on costs?

#7 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
              • 486 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

I am using Manuel Burgoin here is his website weddingsinloscabos.com there are slideshows of his work on his site. He is local to Cabo.

#8 Janet

Janet
                • VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:32 PM

Christa and I both used Bradley Fraser - Cabo Wedding Photography, Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas Photographers, Cabo Weddings and I think his rate is $350/hr (but check with him) and he gives you all of the digital prints in the end. This is a big moneysaver as many photogs will charge as much as $7 just for a 4x6! My photos are in the link in my sig - just look for the album of "professional pics" - Also, he is a member of this forum and extremely professional and hardworking!

#9 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
                  • 113 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by acacia
                    Isnt it more cost efficient to use someone who is in Cabo already? when you fly someone in you have to cover thier airfare and hotel right?
                    I think you should make a list of all the photographers you like (local and destination) and contact them for prices (packages, travel, etc). You might be pleasingly surprise at some of the quotes they give you. I am using Jill Higgins (also on the site).

#10 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                    • VIP Member
                    • 931 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

I used Jim Kennedy Photography - he is located in Huntington Beach.

Index of /

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users