RN2B
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

I love that idea!

#12 inquisitive mom

inquisitive mom
    • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:16 PM

I contacted the lady named Tania and asked about having a case of 200ml rum sent to Beaches of Negril. Another contact person promptly wrote me to say this could be done. However, after checking
      she said the lady at the GIFT SHOP would set aside a case for me. The cost was to be $191! No way mon! The gift shop was getting a nice cut.
      Thanks for the suggestion to buy at the airport. We will do exactly that. Many , many thanks for the helpful tip. This forum has been amazingly helpful!

#13 A2Bride

A2Bride
      • 676 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

I agree, it is nice to know that we can finish filling our bags while we are in Jamaica! Thanks for the info!

#14 aprilmay

aprilmay
        • 266 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

Anyone know the best way to do the same but with tequilla? I thought mini bottles would be cute for OOT bags with our mono on it.....

#15 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by aprilmay
            Anyone know the best way to do the same but with tequilla? I thought mini bottles would be cute for OOT bags with our mono on it.....
            Great idea for a wedding in Mexico. You can most likely get it at the airport or a wholesale liquor store. Maybe your WC can point you to a place in the area of the resort.

I'm thinking of having rum for our favor also.
            http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#16 Julie H

Julie H
            • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

I also read that post and contacted Appleton Estates. They said they would ship it to the "Beaches giftstore" for a crazy price. I then read somewhere that there is a store right beside the AA gate that they purchased all the favors for about 3 dollars a bottle. I think I'm going to take my chances and try that.

#17 futuremrsgoodrich

futuremrsgoodrich
              • 361 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:34 AM

I love this idea and am hoping to carry it out when we get there... thanks for posting

#18 Mello78

Mello78
                • 77 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

Thank you for sharing! Great idea for the guests!

#19 kdnicholer

kdnicholer
                  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:44 PM

I have not had my wedding yet but I was at the ROR in may and did a little shopping. The rum is VERY VERY cheap at the stores. Not only that they work with you and if they know you are purchasing a large amount they will give you a good deal. Never pay the price that is listed on the bottle. We bout the large bottles to take home for $15, and would imagine you can get the small ones for a really good price.

#20 bosi

bosi
                    • 131 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the info. I had not even thought of buying rum for our favors but will look for the store for sure when we land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users