Photo

How to Choose a flavor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Stina4242

Stina4242
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

So I am having a wedding in Niagara Falls and wasn't sure if anyone could tell me how they chose cake flavors without trying them. I am not getting an inclusive cake but am dealing with the bakery myself, so with lots of choices I wasn't really sure where to start.
    A lot of them sound great but without trying them I was a bit nervous.

Thanks guys!

#2 Patti

Patti
    • 555 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:47 AM

No help, here, I'm afraid. I've been struggling with the same. Hopefully, some of the other gals will come through for us.

#3 *Linds*

*Linds*
      • 5,776 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

thats tough! i guess just pick whatever sounds the most tasty!--sorry, that is probably not help at all! I'm sure they are all pretty good..
        Loving married life! <3

#4 royal

royal
        • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:15 AM

Why are you worrying?? Which is your favourite flavour? Use that only! Or you to be husband's favourite flavour..
          Vanilla,chocolate,strawberry,black current, black forest,pineapple are some usual flavours. You can make from any of them!

#5 sweetiecat

sweetiecat
          • 186 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

I would think that vanilla, chocolate, or amaretto are safe picks. I would be hesitant to try anything different without being able to taste test.

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

yeah that is a tough one...usually chocolate anything and vanilla anything are good picks.

#7 Melidell

Melidell
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:50 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by royal
                Why are you worrying?? Which is your favourite flavour? Use that only! Or you to be husband's favourite flavour..
                Vanilla,chocolate,strawberry,black current, black forest,pineapple are some usual flavours. You can make from any of them!
                I agree with this. Your best bet is probably to pick something that you already know you like- if you don't get to try it ahead of time it's probably not the time to be too adventurous.

Or, on the other hand, if it's in your budget and you want something out of the ordinary maybe order a slightly bigger cake with an extra tier and pick one "safe" bet and one that just sounds interesting to you. That could give you the best of both worlds if it works out, and no big deal if the risky flavour doesn't appeal.
                Loving married life!

#8 CancunBride71010

CancunBride71010
                • 180 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:42 AM

Stay away from the funky flavors.

#9 affiwin

affiwin
                  • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

Keep it simple so you don't get disappointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users