Photo

Hotel Lagunita in Yelapa

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jdrewett

jdrewett
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:25 AM

Has anyone been here? The prices are right, just worried about the distance and some guests thinking it is too rustic? Let me know your thoughts.
    -Jessica

#2 Sandy

Sandy
    • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Never been to Hotel Lagunita but been to Yelapa and it is amazing..you can only get there by boat though. It is pretty remote but nice and tropical.

#3 chiefscribe

chiefscribe
      • 33 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

The hotel has I think about 30 rooms, and some set wedding packages. Check tripadvisor for reviews--some people find it too rustic; others, not private enough. Guests would have to get there by water taxi from P.V. and service is only a few times per day. See yelapa.info for more on the area.

#4 amandalsu

amandalsu
        • 122 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

I was told they cut off the electricity around 8 pm there. I don't know if that is true though. I would definitely ask. Most of the places at Yelapa looked open air with mosquito nets. Depending on what time of year you plan on going, I would check on A/C in the bedrooms (all night). We had a lot of fun the day we went over there to hang on the beach. There are a few resturants on the beach with pretty good food.

#5 chiefscribe

chiefscribe
          • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

Electricity service throughout Yelapa has stabilized considerably since our first visit there in 2007.  We've been 8 times and haven't had power problems since the first time.   We didn't have our wedding at the hotel, but they are one of the most established businesses in town--only place with reliable wireless Internet, last we checked--so I wouldn't worry about that. 

We found the rooms small-ish for the price and didn't want such a sandy and exposed spot for our wedding, but if the environment suits you I think you'll have electricity. 

CAVEAT:  OH, assuming you are talking about the dry season--don't have any idea what it's like during monsoon season June-Oct.  We're not eager to try Yelapa or anywhere else in the P.V. area in summer given what we've heard about the temperatures, jungle critters, humidity, etc. 

#6 chiefscribe

chiefscribe
            • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

And as for a/c, yes, I'd say 99% of the rooms and rentals there are open air, so you're not going to find much air conditioning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users