• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fivecents

Fivecents
  • Site Supporter
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hello....

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten married in Cuba lately and were previously married. I've been looking through different brochures and different searches on the internet and some requirements are different. Just wondering what the requirements ARE or where I could find them.

Thanks

#2 PaulsGirl

PaulsGirl
    • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

All we have to send to our wedding coordinator in Varadero is a copy of our Passports and Birth Certificates and then bring along the originals once we arrive.

It's very easy to get married in Cuba (a little more is required if you've been divorced).
      *** Lisa ***http://tickers.Ticke....886d/event.png
      Married my Best Friend on May 5,2010Bride, Groom & 48 Guests Attended!

#3 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
      • 573 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

I have never been married before but my FI has. He need to get his divorce certificate, verified by a lawyer (2 copies) and then brought to the Cuban Consulate for translation. This is the only extra documentation tha was need. The lawyer is basically saying that the divorce certificate is valid and that he is legally allowed to get married.

#4 Fivecents

Fivecents
        • Site Supporter
        • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for the replies....so all my FI would need is just copies of his divorce certificate, I was asking because on some sites it states that we would need the Birth Certificate of former spouse.....I thought that was a bit much...but....

Thanks again

#5 bholthof

bholthof
          • Banned
          • 323 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

Check out Go Cuba they have lots of information, and provide links/contact info to the Cuban consulates in Canada.

Travel Tips - GoCuba.ca - Cuba Tourist Board in Canada
            21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#6 RonNMel

RonNMel
            • 388 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

A few questions. For the divorce certificate, it says it has to be certified, translated, then the spanish copy certified as well. Can it be certified somewhere other than the consulate? If so, would it be less expensive?

Also, does the birth certificate need to be certified, translated, then certified again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users