Sign in to follow this  
Fivecents

Cuba Wedding Requirements

Hello....

I'm wondering if anyone has gotten married in Cuba lately and were previously married. I've been looking through different brochures and different searches on the internet and some requirements are different. Just wondering what the requirements ARE or where I could find them.

Thanks

All we have to send to our wedding coordinator in Varadero is a copy of our Passports and Birth Certificates and then bring along the originals once we arrive.

It's very easy to get married in Cuba (a little more is required if you've been divorced).

I have never been married before but my FI has. He need to get his divorce certificate, verified by a lawyer (2 copies) and then brought to the Cuban Consulate for translation. This is the only extra documentation tha was need. The lawyer is basically saying that the divorce certificate is valid and that he is legally allowed to get married.

Thanks for the replies....so all my FI would need is just copies of his divorce certificate, I was asking because on some sites it states that we would need the Birth Certificate of former spouse.....I thought that was a bit much...but....

Thanks again

A few questions. For the divorce certificate, it says it has to be certified, translated, then the spanish copy certified as well. Can it be certified somewhere other than the consulate? If so, would it be less expensive?

Also, does the birth certificate need to be certified, translated, then certified again?