Sign in to follow this  
echo2_62

April 2010 brides - get fit!

Agh! Well I hope that my trainers are able to be relaxed but focused at the same time. I guess my appointment this week will tell! Good to hear that you've found someone that pushes you and keeps you going.

Okay so it's official - I'm signed up for personal training and have my first full session on Monday, then Wednesday next week! We're going to do 2x a week for a few weeks to get me started and then go to 1x/wk after that with the addition of my own workouts at home and a class in the gym! Yikes!!

But I'd told the trainer right off the bat that my short term goal was for the wedding in April and he sounded positive that if I'm into the workouts 3x/wk until then, I should be seeing results at least as far as toning goes. And I'm happy with that idea!

Michele - how are you doing with training lately? Do you find that you're still sore in the day or two after your workouts or is your body adapting?

Yeaaaah!! Congrates on the trainer.. I totally admire you!! I just could never see myself being told what to do for my body lol.. Good for you girl!!!

We really should have did before and after pictures... Make us realized we did work for something..

Michele,

Yes would love to know how your working is going at the gym!

Tracy I think you'd be surprised how responsive most people are to getting told what to do in training. From my experience anyways. One of the things that my trainer picked up on quickly is that I've got obvious weakness in my hips (especially the left side) and lower back on the left, which is still from my car accident from a year ago. It was kind of surprising to feel the difference between my right and left side just through a couple little exercises that he tested me on.

And I think for you since you'd been laid up for so long when you were sick, your body would probably be a little in shock but also really welcoming to the workout. Maybe something to consider for the future anyways, even if it's not right now.

But yes, I'm definitely excited to get going on it but I think I'll avoid the before and after photos. I'd be more worried about not noticing the difference for myself even if other people said they could tell.

My training is going pretty well. What amazes me is how his pushing me makes me want to push myself. I feel like I've gotten a little smaller already. Definitely not as sore but a little sore still. He puts me on the treadmill and jacks the incline up to 15. Not 1.5 ladies, 15. Walking at a rate of 3.0 you will burn 100 calories in 10 minutes. My short term goal is to get to an incline of 20 walking at 3.5. You have to hold on because the incline is so steep, but my butt is burning from the workout. Yesterday I did 5 minutes at 15 and 5 minutes at 20 and in 10 minutes burned 165 calories. He also has me all over the gym doing all different things every day, so it's not boring.

I get weighed again next week so that will be the big test. I've been really good with my eating too, so I'm hoping for some big changes!!!

Your so right I'd probably be very good for me. Like you I am weak on my left side as well, legs and balance I'll definitely put some thought into it for after the wedding!

I'd probably get use to someone telling me what do to.. after all its for my own good health

I am so happy to hear your getting the results your looking for. Good for you with all the hard work. can't imagine just how hard it is.

That's awesome Michele!! What a great start to your workouts! You must be happy that you're seeing results already and I can only hope for the same. I head off to my first workout in about a half hour so here goes nothing!