April 2010 brides - get fit!

echo2_62

well I haven't been doing any toning at all. I've been sick with the flue for over a week, and then I had some flare up's so I've been in and out of the hospital for 4 days.

Hopefully next week will be a new start for me.

Keep posting girls, A lot of us need the motivation!!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
OMG TRACY!!! You didn't mention that you'd been in the HOSPITAL! Are you okay??

What an awful time of year for all this to be happening too! I hope you get better quickly sheesh! Take care of yourself and tell that Mike of yours to take care of you too!
I am feeling better now, the trick would be..no food! sad.gif horrible time of the year to get sick with alll the yummy holiday food. Ah well I'll keep in mind I'l have no problem fitting into my dress lol (Gotta look at the glass half full then half empty) It has everything to do with my period acts like flare up of crohn's but it isn't.So they gave me a med to try and help with hormoness. We will see.. trail and error kind of thing (I hope it works, as it stands right now I am suppose to start my period on my wedding day!!!!!)

Mike has been taking amazing care of me. Always at the hospital with me (I have to kick him out in order for him to go home to sleep and feed our 4 cats) Thanks so much for asking and caring. Means so much!!!

I was actually just heading to april 2010 to reply to your msg. I am soooooo sorry to hear how crazy it's been at work for you. Exactly what did you do?
This is the worst time to be crazy busy with xmas, and the wedding.
I hope it gets a lot less busy soon for you and your co-workers

I am the same way with the planning, pretty much everything is done except for the odd thing here and there that I will order after the holidays like the cake topper and my flutes for the toasting. Maybe make a few more centerpieces. I also have the odd thing for the OOT bag, I am just waiting for a confirmation of people for Jan 15th.
you will send post cards? After I sent my cards and no one responded I said there was no way in heck I would spend another 40$ in stamps.
but it seems your people respect you, unlike ours lol!! (ugh I've gotta laugh now at it, no point in being mad or upset. I am just happy the people are coming)
I am sure a after the holidays we will all be back on borad 100% because it'll be right around the corner.
I guess I wont reply on april 2010 lol since I just did it here .

Well I'm glad to hear that you're at least getting treated in some way, even if it is a little trial and error along the way. My mom has a lot of health issues so I'm used to some of that process. But eventually you'll find something that will work and I just hope it's sooner than later! And good that you've got Mike being there for you.

I had a *small* giggle when you mentioned about getting your period on your wedding (which btw sucks!) because I had to sit down with my calendar the other day and work through the weeks to see where I'd be at - and seriously I thought I was the only person who would already be thinking about it! Okay well I know it's practical to think about ahead of time but I just felt completely silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
I had a *small* giggle when you mentioned about getting your period on your wedding (which btw sucks!) because I had to sit down with my calendar the other day and work through the weeks to see where I'd be at - and seriously I thought I was the only person who would already be thinking about it! Okay well I know it's practical to think about ahead of time but I just felt completely silly.
I was taking a shower and I was thinking (which is where most of my thinking takes place) I didn't reply back to his part.

Really, I truly believe I was the only crazy nut thinking about periods during the wedding. I actually tried to work the wedding dates/travel around it last year when picking a date. I thought maybe because i get them soo bad I really try to avoid doing anything around that time.
So are you safe for your wedding/honeymoon? lol

BTW Girls how is everyones work outs going? everyone still working out?

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been so out of the whole work out/eating right thing...the holidays got the best of me censored.gif my office has food all the time everywhere!

FI and I had talked about me getting liposuction and were totally for it - I'd gone to a doctor in October about it but then I started working and decided to wait a bit. a few weeks ago I went to the (supposed) top plastic surgeon in the area who told me I'm not a candidate for lipo and that I would need a tummy tuck, which FI and I do not want me to have, as i don't want the big scar or the major surgery....SO, I went to my weight loss dr, who is kind of the impartial judge in all of this, showed him my gut and asked him what he thought, as since September I've only lost 13 lbs and am so frustrated.

His answer...get a personal trainer 4x a week and skip the surgery all together. Not exactly what I was expecting to hear, but he said if I work out hard with a trainer 4-5 times a week I will look better than with surgery. I think I really wanted the easy way out...lol...but I went and got the trainer today, start tomorrow and expect to be in pain by tuesday...but the trainer promised me to be in shape for the wedding so...wish me luck ladies!

well michele - if it's worth anything to you, I'm kind of for the attempt at working out before going for surgery. I mean, I get that you'd rather have the easy way out sometimes, especially if you've had to deal with other health stuff along the way BUT I also get concerns over potential problems that could come up from the surgery. But way to go for getting a trainer!! I'll be following suit pretty soon here I think. I've been looking into a trainer that works with kettlebells and I'm hoping that I can make the time in the evenings now more than I could before Christmas. My work schedule was just not accommodating to booking someone else's time for training but I think it'll be a little quieter for the next couple months. And with only three months left, I've got to get on top of it!!

Great for you Michelle.. I know doing this the hard way isn't fun and it can get very frustrated especially when you see little or no results. But I think the trainer idea is a lot better then surgery. Like Meghan said something can happen while doing surgery or afterwards.

If in the end your end result isn't something you want, then get a second opinion.

Meghan, Do you really need a trainer? Your so fit and thin as it is.. I am telling you get a Wii lol really does the trick for toning and fitness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeanLover View Post

Meghan, Do you really need a trainer? Your so fit and thin as it is.. I am telling you get a Wii lol really does the trick for toning and fitness.
Thanks for the compliment Tracy! I'm lucky to have some decent genes to start with, but I guess everyone has their own personal fitness ideas. I'd been in sports my entire childhood so I was always used to being pretty trim but let's just say that the previous toning I had has gone a little, umm, soft :) Haha!

A guy friend of mine who's totally into full body workouts and kickboxing etc. had suggested the kettlebell training and said that it usually has pretty fabulous results. I've been starting to hear more about it as well and figured that i'd give it a shot. I think one of the benefits is that you're really working at your entire body during the workout, not just one muscle group at a time - which is good for someone like me who gets bored quickly!!

Here are a couple links to kind of show you what the workouts involve...

Lift Kettlebells: Video Player > Lauren Brooks teaches the kettlebell deadlift

Lift Kettlebells: Video Player > Lauren Brooks Miller teaches the kettlebell swing