Getting Married @ The Royal, Cancun

I know there are a few scattered threats on here for the Royal in Cancun, and theres a whole huge thread for the girls getting married at the Royal in PDC. So I thought I'd try and start one for the site in Cancun. My date and time are booked along with a photographer (MTM) for June 19th 2010. Invites are in being worked on. Any other potential Royal Cancun brides on here?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I just started a thread a few weeks ago too! I will hopefully book my date (Aug 14 2010) this week. I'm going down in December for a site visit, tasting, etc. How many guests are you estimating? I would like to have my STDs out by beginning/mid November, and invites out once I get back in December (just to be sure I don't change my mind after the visit). What's worrying me right now, is where I should stay and where I should have my wedding party stay. The Royal costs a bit more than the Gran Caribe, and I hate to have my wedding party split up if half of us stay at The Royal because the guests at the Gran won't have exchange privileges. I have a rather large wedding party (7 guys, 6 girls, plus parents) so I'm thinking about just having everyone stay at the Gran, but at the same time the Royal is so beautiful, and everyone is excited about going there. I'm just worried when they see the price for 4 nights/5days for both resorts they are going to want to stay at the Gran instead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensFiance View Post
I know there are a few scattered threats on here for the Royal in Cancun, and theres a whole huge thread for the girls getting married at the Royal in PDC. So I thought I'd try and start one for the site in Cancun. My date and time are booked along with a photographer (MTM) for June 19th 2010. Invites are in being worked on. Any other potential Royal Cancun brides on here?

Please not should read in first line "threads" not threats.

I went to the Royal Cancun last March and staying there was what made me decide to get married in Mexico!! That place is AMAZING, pure luxury :)

I planned on getting married there but knew my guests wouldn't be able to afford it and my group is also too large or else I'd be there!

Good luck with your planning!

So glad to hear! My bridal party consists of 11 people with bride and groom, were sending out a little over 100 invites, only expecting about 45, majority being friends. We stayed there last May and fell in love, we've traveled for 6 years together and that by far was the best resort weve ever stayed at. He also proposed at the Royal. Were flying in Nov 27th, doing our food tasting that day, and going over everything one more time with the new WC. I believe once you make your site visit you get a WC thats actually at the hotel site. Are you dealing with Kimberly? Were doing the luxury package. As far as the hotels go, theyre next door to eachother, were actually having the ceremony at the Royal and then the reception on the terrace part of the Gran Caribe. Both hotels are gorgeous and have wonderful accomadations, If they stay at the Royal they have full access to all restaurants at the sister property, if you stay at the caribe you are limited to which restauarants and ammenities you can use at the Royal. Were staying at the Royal when we go again in Nov, and for the wedding were staying there too, its just that wonderful of a hotel. I checked prices for a single gf of mine yesterday flying out on a friday-returning monday with straight flights for june, the royal was $1086, and the Caribe was $786, it comes down to a $300 difference. If youre expecting a large group I wouldnt worry about having your guests split up, most people are going to stay where they choose to anyway, but as long as theyre staying at the sister resort I dont see it being a problem having your BM's (if staying at sister resort) come up to your room the night before to hang or whatever. And What im doing for the welcome dinner, im just going to reserve a section at a restaurant at the Caribe, this way there wont be any issues to where we are limited to eat. I have a bit of information so if you have any questions. Also are you going with the photographer from the hotel? If you were thinking about a different one I just booked with Moments That Matter, and their prices are great and I really like the work Ive seen.

That's great to hear that both the Gran and Royal are gorgeous! Yes I have been communicating with Kimberly (and am getting used to the 2 days it takes for an email response, lol). I didn't know the Gran had a terrace area for receptions. I (think) I have my heart set on a beach reception (by Pelicanos), and a gazebo ceremony. I have read somewhere, perhaps Tripadvisor, that if you are not staying at The Royal (or have purchased a pass) then you are not allowed to even be on the property. That's what worries me. Plus the pool is so gorgeous there, and adults only, so I don't want to be stuck over at the Gran all day because that's where most of the people are staying. Ugh, oh well, I guess I'll make up my mind in December. I'm going down the 17th-21st. I think we are going with the Luxury package as well, plus adding the 65 ft yacht cruise for us and the wedding party on the day they all arrive. I'm estimating that we will have 45-60 guests, we already have 35 for sures and haven't even invited any other friends, or my side of the family yet. It's good to have you on here, you seem like you have everything planned and can answer a lot of questions. Just let me know if I become a pest, lol

Not at all!!! I am excited as well to have found you!! I feel like it was meant to be! lol, theres like 20 girls on here that are getting married in PDC, they all said due to personal preference, but thats how I feel about the one in Cancun, + COCO bongos is there, and I want everyone to go there after the wedding, its so much fun! I didnt know about the terrace either, until Kimberly mentioned it ( I send my email like 4x in a row and that usually gets a faster response :) I dont have the exact name of the location on me, but when I get home ill go through her emails and find it, its actually a really pretty set up. Steve and I really had our hearts set on the beach reception too, the only problem we came across is that my father is handicapped and walks on crutches, theres no set path down to the beach is like man made steps that dont really go in a straight line and no railings, and while my dad assured me he'd be fine walking on the beach w/ crutches I just dont want to put him through that. Also good to know they have wheelchairs, so I already sent out an email stating the days that I will need it for my dad. Also I heard a little rumor from TA that a section of the beach has been closed of by the gov't for some irregulations, and I asked Kimberly she said yes, its a very tiny portion but it will be taken care of, if you go on trip advisor and look at the pictures from the Royal, by the members, theres a few shots of it, it shows sandbags with a sign. Do you know what youre doing as far as centerpieces? I HATE HATE HATE flowers, never liked them, and I really dont want to go with flowers, I just cant find anything else that im liking. We were thinking depending on how many tables we wind up having, we may just put a bottle of crystal in the center and call it a day. The welcome cruise seems amazing we looked into that too, but I feel like I cant garuntee that my whole bridal party will be there the same day and time, some people are flying in early friday, some late friday, some thurs..... so we scratched that. There is something with day passes, but I believe if theyre at the gran caribe they dont need it.

I saw that about the beach on Tripadvisor too. There are some new pics and reviews up now that show the beach is open (no signs or anything). I actually found a centerpiece on the wedding a la carte menu that I love, it's CP17. I think it will look so nice on the beach at night. What are you doing for your tasting, and how many options do we get for the actual reception. I read somewhere you only get 1 entree option, but not everyone likes beef or seafood. I'm hoping to have 2 entree options.

okay the name of the restuarant with the terrace is Albatros, I believe. For the tasting were going with the beef fillet tournade, the salmon fillet, and the linguini from the vegetarian menu, because they do not have a plain chicken, all the chickens are stuffed with some type of seafood. Salads, I think we choose the caribbean salad with shrimp, the avocado stuffed with crab, and another salad just dont remember which one. Yes I thought you'd get to have the 3 entree options but you dont, unless you want to send out entree cards with your invites and keep track of what people order, then the resort will let you do that, thats what were doing. Im jewish and not at all but a few, only eat kosher so I couldnt just say okay steak it is, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello girls! So glad to see other brides from the royal!!! Why does it seem so difficult to find em'! It must be getting popular to get married there because the price goes up once a month! Anyways, We are booked to be married at the royal in cancun for january 4th 2010 and getting soooo excited! My fiance and I are the only ones staying in the royal and everyone else is staying in the caribe. It will be cool cause we can go over there whenever we feel like it but can also run away to our private hotel :) oh my gosh I wish I could go down for a tasting, please let me know how it goes!!