My sister is my MOH and has told me that she wants to have another baby! Which is fine by me but I'm a bit concerned about what dresses she will be able to wear. My wedding is in April and assuming she gets pregnant this month, she will be about 6 months pregnant. She thinks she will be okay to wear something with an empire waist.

I have never been pregnant so I don't know how big you get when your 6 months pregnant. Do gals think an empire waist will be okay? anyone else ever had a pregnant bm/moh?

Sometimes and empire waste is tight around the belly at the top & wouldn't work. Also, you need the front to be longer.

For the last wedding I was in, we had our choices of dresses from the after 6 collection. Search & you'll find a thread I posted with pictures of all the options. There were several very cute maternity dresses. One of the girls (who is not pregnant) got the maternity dress just because it was cute.

We all got to pick our own style from any in a certain color & fabric. There were around 15 choices. These were shorter dresses.

Overall, I would suggest just finding an option that is easy. Don't focus so much on finding the perfect bridesmaid dress. In the end it really doesn't make a huge difference in pictures if the bridesmaids have on a a great dress or one that is just OK. I've been in 9 weddings. It's really the color that impacts the pictures. The style of the dress is just kind of secondary. Most BM dresses are kind of generic anyway.

trying to conceive is so stressful you don't want to add to that with fears about fitting into a dress. And wouldn't you hate for her to wait only to have trouble getting pregnant after the wedding? I know I've waited so long to start a family that once I'm ready I wouldn't let anything hold me back an extra day.

I'll hunt down the threads with the dresses I wore in the last wedding. They looked awesome in pictures.

one helpful thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...reviews-21375/

and another (it will be outdated, because they have added more styles tot he collection)

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...dresses-21315/

I think I needed about 14 weeks to get the dress in from Chrissy O's the discount site I ordered it from. The other girls went to a bridal salon & paid about twice as much. Plus they had to pay rush delivery because they waited to order. It fit right out of the box with no need for alterations, which was a plus. Your sister will probably know in enough time if she will be pregnant. if not, she could always order one of the maternity ones anyway. They were not obviously maternity & then she will have a cute little dress to wear while pregnant.

Sorry, I have just one more thing to add. Buying a non-maternity dress & altering it can take a lot of time & money. A friend of mine had to get a dress altered for a wedding where she was 6 months along. It was another $200 to buy the extra material & get alterations. By the time of the wedding, the dress was too tight. So she had to uncomfortably squeeze into it & then it ripped at one point. You have to time your fittings just right, because your size is changing.

Life is just so much easier if you can avoid things like this. Especially at a DW when you can get away with more flowy, casual dresses.

I think the size of the pregnancy varies between individuals but you can always google pics of women 6 months preggo to get an idea.

I bet you will be able to find a dress pretty easily. I like the ideas that Morgan suggested. Letting BMs choose complimenting dresses seems to be the easiest way to go. Sometimes it can be high drama and that's def the last thing you need!

Plus I think preggo chicks are beautiful as BMs. Maybe Alyssa will weigh in since she was just in a wedding and she's preggers!

I'm almost 6 months prego right now and i'm not sure if i could fit into a regular dress. I can fit into my regular dresses but since i have a belly now sometimes the length comes up way too much (kinda like what Morgan mentioned). I would just find dresses that coordinate so she can get a maternity bm dress and the other girls can get regular bm dresses. Than you dont have to worry about finding a regular dress that may not fit her perfectly. Trust me you dont want to worry about this a month before your wedding.

At least you MOH can go. Mine just got preggers this month and is due the week of our wedding!

If this is her second baby then she will probably be bigger than the first time too. Just have her look at pics of her before and add a few inches! I agree with everyone else too, if she is your MOH you can always have her in a different dress too. Lots of brides do that anyway. Then she can have a nice maternity dress in similar colour, or your second main colour. Don't forget many of the flowy dresses are still lilned and they still won't work. Some online retailers offer bridal maternity as well which will keep everyone looking the same, if that's what you prefer.

At 6 months I was still wearing my regular jeans (lowrise stretch) but you never know.

I was just a BM in a wedding 2 weeks ago and was 21 weeks preggo at the time of the event. It was not a DW but an outdoor garden wedding where the bride wanted the bridal party dressed pretty formally. it was NOT easy trying to guess what size i would be - i wound up having my cousin make me a BM dress in the color and material of another one of the dresses.

so she makes the dress and then the week before the wedding i had a total growth spurt and she had to alter everything - the bust was too tight.

i would suggest selecting a color and letting the girls buy their own dresses or a versatile dress like the convertible dress from Victoria's Secret.

is your MOH small or bigger to tstart with? it really matters if she will be all belly or not - i am not huge in the belly but my ass and breasts have changed A LOT!

plus all this is assuming she gets pregnant right away she might not get preggo for a year or she could only be 3 months at he time of your DW.

good luck!