Getting hitched in Maui!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 scorpio_girl

scorpio_girl
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:10 PM

Hi All,

I'm Jess (from NY), just got engaged about a month ago!
    Haven't set a date yet, but we're going to have the big day somewhere in Maui. I'm soooo excited and yet sooooo overwhelmed with kicking-off the planning of our wedding - so that's why I'm here! :)

I look forward to meeting you!

Ciao,
    Jess

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

Welcome Jess and congratulations!
      Browse around a look at many of the places Tammy has posted to get married at. There are some great ideas here and if you have any specific questions, we'll try to help you out! There are lots brides/topics on here & many topics cross the board no matter where you're going so dig in!

#3 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hello Jess,
        Congrats, and welcome. If flight time was not a concern then I do believe Hawaii might just be one of the nicest DW's to have. Everyone around here is so helpfull.
        Jackie
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#4 Jennifer

Jennifer
        • 218 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:21 PM

Welcome Jess!

#5 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:30 AM

congrats! Can't wait to hear about where you choose! welcome :)

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:24 AM

welcome jess, i just booked some clients into the sheraton on maui just today...maui is great!! there's some info below about suppliers, resorts, etc...let us know if we can help in any way!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 scorpio_girl

scorpio_girl
            • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

Thanks everyone!! I know the flight time is going to be tough. But I think it will be worth it :)

So far in my research, I'm seeing a lot of cheesy options... I'm basically looking to have a classic wedding set in Hawaii.

I know I'll get there, just takes time.

#8 KristinaM

KristinaM
              • VIP Member
              • 3,082 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
              • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

Welcome and Congratulations Jess!!

Good luck with all of your planning.. you have come to the right place!!

#9 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

I went to Maui several years ago and I loved it, you'll have a great time and when I was theire it was a very romantic island.

#10 katiec519

katiec519
                • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:38 PM

congrats! i was orginally planning on having my wedding in maui. since your starting your planning check out www.islandweddingmemories.com they have great wedding packages and even better prices. i did a lot of research so if you have any questions feel free to ask. good luck on the planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users