They Just Don't Get It

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 teshy1

• 162 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:17 AM

DMB 1980, sorry to hear your family is having difficulty understanding your decision to have a DW. Everyone has their own idea of what a wedding "should" look like, but bottom line, it's YOUR wedding. I had some mixed feelings at first about our decision to do a DW, but it made the most sense for us and was the most appealing, and now I'm more excited than ever! Luckily, our families have been very supportive.
    In the end, you have to have the special day that you and your future husband want, not what you think others want.
    Best of luck, and stay strong!

#12 ChelseaRose

• 139 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

Sorry to hear about the difficulties! I agree with all the other gals - stand your ground, this is your chance to have the wedding of your dreams. You have a long road ahead, so make sure to set the right tone now and provide everyone your expectations!!

Good luck : ) We're all rooting for you!

#13 Mel4983

• 131 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

I'm so happy that I found this thread today... I'm so sick of people asking me why we're doing a DW. I would never question anything at someone else's wedding. It's their day, they did it that way because they wanted to - End of story. I'm getting so frustrated. However reading all of your posts helped me to put things in perspective...

#14 DMB1980

• 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

Yes, girl everyone helpped me too. I just kept planning, and if they cant picture it, or dont agree with it they can stay home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users