Sign in to follow this  
reenyw23

Disco/DJ option at RMB

I was told via email from the WC at RIU that there is no longer a "disco" at Riu Montego Bay. Is there anywhere that the group can have a dance/reception after the dinner? We are not going to do the beach reception.

That is strange. We also did the beach reception. I did inquire about a poolside reception and in June I was told that RMB did not offer this option. I know another option used to be was to rent a portion or the entire Mahoe Bay restaurant but I was told this is a problem if there is more than one wedding that day - particularly if that wedding is larger than your's.

Wow, we were just down at the end of August and they still had the disco. Sherika even told us that it was an option to rent it out. I hope this isn't true because we had wanted to rent it out for ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumenthale View Post
When did you get that email, can you cut and paste it to the board?
My question was: how far in advance do we need to reserve the disco for dancing after our dinner reception?

Her response: Please be advised that this hotel no longer has a Disco.

Really, no explanation. I am going to email her back but I wanted to see if anyone on here knew.

So. any up dates on the disappearing Disco? I have a feeling, Sherika is so overworked that she doesn't really want to deal with the possible additional services her resort offers. I posted a reply from her earlier that was in response to my question about having outside vendors for my cake and photography. And, she said, "some outside vendors are allowed" then said she only said that to find out which outside vendors I was using---so she can plan her day accodingly.

Strange.

Very strange. I doubt the disco disappeared. What kind of hotel would it be if there wasn't one?? Some people like dancing, even if it's not for a wedding...

I'm interested to see the end of this saga...even if I do find out when I get to the resort.