Photo

Newbie and Stressed

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 Melidell

Melidell
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

Congrats and good luck! I know what you mean- turns out April is a really busy wedding month, and you're right around the long weekend, too. Have you checked with a travel agent? I was going nuts researching on my own, but my travel agent made a few suggestions based on what I told her I was looking for, and I found the perfect place for us. It was a lot easier having her narrow my search. I was in Punta Cana for my vacation this year and it is gorgeous, good choice on location. Don't let it get you too stressed- hang in there!
    Loving married life!

#12 amqueens

amqueens
    • 452 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

Congrats and Happy Planning!!
      - Anne-Marie

#13 jenniebey

jenniebey
      • 842 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:44 PM

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the forum.

#14 tim-juleswed

tim-juleswed
        • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:17 PM

Well we have had no luck. The date we want (April 1, 2010) falls in "Holy Week" so the DR won't marry us then. So we have switched gears and are loking in Jamaica, finding it a bit more expensive. However we have been trying to keep cost down for guests and stressing ourselves out, we have decided that once we find a place with our date available and the cost in the $1500 range we will book it and hope people can make it. It's going to be wonderful we know that, but all the resort searching is hard work. We have a few travel agents working for us as well as a wedding planner at one of the resorts I like looking into what group rate we can get from the hotel directly. Hoping to have this sorted some time this week...wish me luck!!

#15 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
          • 168 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

It's definatly a process. But in the end it will work out. GOOD LUCK and try not to stress too much.

#16 Sunnychica

Sunnychica
            • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi Julie! Congrats to you :) I stayed at the Riu Bambu in Punta Cana a few years ago. It was very affordable, and you are able to visit all of the other Riu resorts, there are quite a few. Excluding the Palace, unless you stay there of coarse. I booked thru Travel By Jen, and it was a wonderful vacation.. and my inspiration for a destination wedding, seeing a couple get married on the beach, it was absolutely beautiful! Good luck to you on finding your perfect place

#17 *Karla*

*Karla*
              • 4,854 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the Forum! Happy Planning

#18 juliepfeif

juliepfeif
                • 286 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Hi from another Julie. Once you get your location sorted, it will be much easier to plan all the details! Keep smiling & happy planning!

#19 Ms325i

Ms325i
                  • 204 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your planning. Both Mexico and Jamaica are great choices.

#20 jwilke5

jwilke5
                    • 314 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:32 PM

You are in the right place. There is so much information on a variety of resorts on this site. Good luck, i'm sure you'll find the perfect place for you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users