Photo

St Thomas Brides - What Time?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 blacksred

blacksred
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:30 PM

I have to schedule a few vendors and I have no clue what time to pick for our ceremony. It is just him and I. I love the look of the sunset pictures but also want phots when the water is bluest which I have been told is in the morning. So what time are you getting married and what look are you trying to achieve?

Thank you

#2 FatCracker

FatCracker
    • 192 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:34 PM

Since we're cruising, we're only docked from 7-4 so unfortunately sunset was not an option...although would have been our first choice for sure. We're scheduled for 10am ceremony, this way we can tour the island after. My wc recommended earlier morning because it's cooler and yes the water is bluest. But we will be doing sunset pics the night before at another port.

Are you doing trash the dress? That may be a way to have the best of both worlds!

#3 CrystalM

CrystalM
      • 829 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

I'm doing 5. We originally planned for 6, but the WC said that might be a little late, we too wanted the sunset, but I like FatCrackers idea of doing it in the morning and at night...
        I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#4 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
        • 258 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

We're also cruising and thus are limited in terms of timing. We'll be getting married at 1:00pm, although we would have preferred at sunset.

I really don't think you can lose at any time- as St. Thomas is gorgeous period. :)

#5 Taghan

Taghan
          • 239 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:38 PM

Although I'm not a St. Thomas bride, I am a St. John bride! We set our ceremony for 4:30 p.m. Although I much prefer the water that brilliant turquoise blue color, I just couldn't imagine having to get up so early to get ready for a morning ceremony!

#6 shakeimap

shakeimap
            • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I want to pass information along to any brides that are cruising to St. Thomas. Apparently, they do not adjust their clocks on the island like we do so your ship's arrival may actually be an hour later than you expect. For example, our ship's itinerary has us docking in St. Thomas at 10:00 am on the day of the wedding. It will actually be 11:00 am island time. As you can imagine this will really have me in a whirlwind to try to get my license and make my 1:30 ceremony. If you haven't checked it out, I suggest you ask your WC. Just wanted to pass this along.

#7 VirginIslandGirl

VirginIslandGirl
              • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

Although I am originally from the States, I now live in St. Thomas. For the bright colors I would suggest 10am-2pm. What time of the year are you getting married? I ask because the sun sets around 7pm late spring thru summer but now it's setting around 6pm, i.e. by 6:15 its pitch black. And yes, we do not follow daylight savings time. Hope this helps.

#8 m&d2011

m&d2011
                • 379 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users