Sign in to follow this  
SDbeachgirl

Bridesmaid Dresses

you can look into some dresses by B2. They have some really cute styles that come in a bunch of colors. Also most dresses that are floor length can be made into cocktail or teal length at no additional charge.

Hi

One color I really liked as I was looking around that I think I am going to end up going with is cornflower. I saw it at Davids Bridal, but I also believe Alfred Angelo had it too. It actually was very pretty in person.

Just FYI, the same color appears lighter in chiffon than in satin. You can compare swatches at a bridal shop.

I got chiffon and I think it was a great choice. It is breathable and doesn't wrinkle as easily as chiffon. I just tossed my daughters in the suitcase today and am not worried about it at all.

Check out Victoria Secret's convertible dresses. There are short versions, and your bridesmaids can then choose which way to wear it that will be most flattering to their bodies. They are not as pricy as ordering a dress with the word 'bridesmaid' attached.

I would have ordered these myself, but I have one bridesmaid that is on the larger side, so I would up having something quite similar cutom made (she's since backed out, due to fund shortage, dangit!). This was significantly more expensive, to get them custom made, so I don't really suggest that unless its necessary. I haven't seen them yet, but I'm confidant they'll be beautiful! I used a dress similar to this as my design:

Etsy :: BRIDGET VINTAGE SILK DRESS SKIRT WRAP SARONG by Kariza from SOHOKARMA

Good luck! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl View Post
That dress is so cute! Were you able to have the BMs try it on before ordering or did they just order it online?
I got them at a bridal shop. The BM's tried it on at the bridal shop and ordered it there. I think you would just need to find a bridal shop that carries Jim Hjelm Occasions and they should have it. It looks really really cute on, better than the picture online!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
This dress is so cute! Was the one you chose two-toned?
Yes, it is two-toned. The top is white and the bottom is ice blue. You can get them all one color too if you want. The one they had at the bridal shop to try on was white on top and apple green on bottom...I almost got that color but I really wanted blue.