Huatulco, MX?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 teacherbride

• 354 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

Do any of you have recent information or reviews of Huatulco? I'm a little nervous that there are not more DW brides choosing it.

#12 sunnydaes

• 684 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

we went to Zihuatanajo last summer with a group of friends. There were no tourists, but we also went during rainy season (june) it didn't rain much but when it did it felt good as it was soooo hot. Its a cute little town. About 45 minutes away there is a great surf spot called Tracones. (sp?) We rented a villa but they had some great hotels. I think one was called Villa del sol by the KOR group and another was casa de canta or something like that. They have about 5 different beaches that you travel to over water taxi. And Ixtapa is not far as well.

#13 superez

• 106 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:11 AM

Went to Huatulco 2 years ago and LOVED it! Very nontouristy and very laid back. We stayed at the Quinta Real and felt like movie stars with our own pool and great service! It is the place all the stars and dignitaries stay...we were there at the same time as the president-elect of Mexico!!!!

#14 edna

• Site Supporter
        • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

There packages are great and WC when I contacted her was very helpful... I think I delete the information I had but if you check the pics you will fall in love with the Quinta Real.. is so nice!!! and the views OMG are awesome!

#15 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

We are getting married in Zihuatanejo which is a little north of Huatulco...It's been hard to get any info from Zihua brides here. Everyone gets married at Las Caletas or Ocho Rios in Jamaica!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#16 teacherbride

• 354 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:31 AM

Just talked to my travel agent and he's suggesting Las Brisas in Huatulco. Apparently they have a wonderful "secret beach" which is actually a secluded grassy area where we can have the ceremony.

If only I could find some pictures....anyone?

#17 sarah310

• 172 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

Anyone know how Huatulco compares price wise to Riviera Maya? airplane flights from the US and resorts. It looks beautiful but I'm afraid it might be more pricey for my guests...

#18 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

You can do searches online now as pricing is available for both the resorts and flights now to compare. We are having our wedding in Huatulco at the Dreams resort and the pricing was ALOT cheaper in huatulco then the riviera maya which was just one more reason to go to Huatulco (not to mention none of our guests, and we are having about 80, have been there!). Then again, depends what kind of a resort you are looking for. Comparing the Dreams resorts in mexico, huatulco was the best deal for sure. There are a bunch of us communicating in another friend if you just search 'dreams huatulco'. Welcome!

#19 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

oh and I just saw your from philly! I went to school there(Drexel), so three of my bridesmaids are flying out of there!

#20 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

Good luck to all, I hope you find the perfect spot for the big day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users