Photo

Anyone Using Ring Bearer Shell Instead Of Pillow?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:52 PM

Wow, that was a long title.

Anyhow...Instead of using a ring bearer pillow, I think I want to use a shell. Anyone else?

Or anyone have another cute, non-traditional idea?

#2 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
    • 59 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:10 PM

I was thinking of doing this idea but for the flower girls instead of a basket, but time got away from me and I had a hard time finding the right size for the petals. Can't wait to hear what you come up with.

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LGENDEIN
        I was thinking of doing this idea but for the flower girls instead of a basket, but time got away from me and I had a hard time finding the right size for the petals. Can't wait to hear what you come up with.
        I am using a really cute tin pail for the flower petals(Liam wants to be a flower boy, hehe) maybe you would like this idea instead of a basket. I got my pail at Winners, it just goes with the beach theme.

I think the shell idea is a great idea, it would be cute and different, a pillow doesn't really seem to belong at the beach. I would do this if I was having a ring bearer, but as I said Liam would perfer to throw petals then carry rings, who can blame him sounds like more fun to me. LOL

Kelly~

#4 PDCwedding

PDCwedding
        • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:34 AM

Yeah, I am! I bought this ceramic shell with a pillow lining from a girl from the knot...so cute! I can post pics when i come back...it's all packed up!

#5 jpkw

jpkw
          • VIP Member
          • 1,650 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:40 AM

I used little tin pails as well - they were white and had heart cut outs along the rim. (found them at Target for $1 each in the wedding section!). The flower girls each carried one with petals and my ring bearers (my twin nephews) each had a pail with the ring inside (it was tied to a string tied to the handle). [since we got married on the beach, i wanted to have the rings tied to a string in case they got dropped in the sand]

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:44 AM

I used the shell... Crap my pictures can't post right now becuase of the forum problems but I have a picture. If you want to see it PM me your email address and I'll send it to you. Anyway we didn't have attendants so Cain's Ma presented us with our wedding rings on the shell.

#7 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

I'm also using a shell, it's a big natural shell, I love it..

#8 LadyP

LadyP
                • 3,156 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:05 AM

I am also considering the shell for my son to carry

#9 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                  • 298 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Tammy for sending me a picture of the shell you used. It is beautiful. I will definitely keep that in mind

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

That's a great idea! That's exactly what I want to do as well! Now, to find the perfect shell...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users