Photo

Finally Finished! My Semi-DIY Invitations with PICS!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 islandbride317

islandbride317
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 01:39 AM

Woo-hoo, girls! I AM SO EXCITED MY INVITATIONS ARE FINALLY DONE!!!

I am finally finished my kinda-sorta DIY Invitations and I couldn't wait to show them to you all, being as we are all such fans of seeing each other's handywork! While I love the Passport/Boarding pass and pocketfold invitations, I wanted to do something a little different and here is what I came up with!

First is a pic of the finished set, with the invitation top left, Guest Information Sheet top right, back of our RSVP Postcard bottom left and the little RSVP postcard/folded Guest Information sheet packets bottom right:

Click the image to open in full size.

And here is a close-up of the sheer vellum Invitation we ordered from Invitations By Dawn.com, with the plain white & aqua deckle edge invitations I used as backings (ordered from David's Bridal online) -- which I then hole-punched and hand tied together with oatmeal colored "Wraphia" (looks just like raffia, but without all the mess!) from superiorgiftwrap.com:

In case you can't read it, the wording my mother and I co-wrote is as follows:

One love. Two hearts.
    Their future starts, by the sea.
    The honor of your presence is requested
    At the marriage ceremony of
    Christina Leigh Parris
    and
    John Allen Pollick
    On Friday, May Fourteenth, Two Thousand and Ten
    At Two O'Clock in the afternoon.
    Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Resort and Spa
    Ocho Rios, Jamaica

The next pic is of the back of our custom RSVP postcards, done by one of BDW's very own (username: becks)! Her company is Allurements By Rebecca and she was positively FABULOUS to work with on creating exactly what I had envisioned). The front of the postcard is simply our logo, which can also be seen in my siggy!) and we ordered that adorable postage stamp to match everything from Zazzle.com:

And finally, here is the 1st of 2 Guest Information Sheets with Resort and Booking Info. (which I folded up, put the RSVP postcard on top and tied together with the same oatmeal Wraphia to form neat little packets). I LUCKED OUT completely when I found this letterhead on OfficeDepot.com, and it was almost identical to the invitations I had ordered separately from Invitations By Dawn months before!

Hope everyone likes them! I AM THRILLED that they have finally gone out in the mail this week...let the RSVP-ing commence!

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:28 AM

Everything looks beautiful Christie and ties in so well together!!! You're right Rebecca is awesome, I used her for some logos and she's the sweetest. I also used the same paper from Office Depot ~ it's a great design that really sets the mood

YAY, totally excited for you

#3 jenv

jenv
      • 169 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:45 AM

loves those invitations..

#4 islandbride317

islandbride317
        • 1,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MarieSam
          Everything looks beautiful Christie and ties in so well together!!! You're right Rebecca is awesome, I used her for some logos and she's the sweetest. I also used the same paper from Office Depot ~ it's a great design that really sets the mood

YAY, totally excited for you
          Aww, MarieSam -- THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am really excited about the way everything turned out, and that's awesome that you loved the same letterhead I did (a case of great minds thinking alike, perhaps?)

Thanks, girls for your opinions -- I really appreciate it!

#5 jwilke5

jwilke5
          • 314 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:01 AM

Congratulations, those came out great!! So cute. I love that sheer look.

#6 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
            • 336 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

I uses the same sheer invitations!!! So of course I LOVE it!!
              Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
              http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
              http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by IMPPEARL
                I uses the same sheer invitations!!! So of course I LOVE it!!

Oh, wow -- that's neat that someone else used them, too! Did you post a thread about it? I'd love to see if you used them as they came or if you "doctored" them up like I did!

I appreciate everyone's kind compliments!

#8 Tam

Tam
                • 551 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

Those are beautiful invitations, congrats!

#9 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
                  • Banned
                  • 3,479 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Christie everything looks great! I love the invitations, I ordered a sample of the exact invite and almost went with them! I really think your idea with the backing and the wrapia is awesome it makes your invite pop! And I think I will be off to Office Depot to get some of that paper!

#10 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                    • 3,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

Christie!!! You totally outdid yourself! I'm such a huge fan of details and you really covered everything and it's very unique!! You should be proud because those are amazing!! I'd totally RSVP yes if I got one of those babies! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users