Photo

Help with MOH

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicitica

nicitica
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

I've decided to only have 1 Maid of Honor and 1 Matron of Honor. I have too many female cousins and friends to draw the line otherwise. How do I go about NOT hurting my other friends' feelings?
    Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#2 SSNM

SSNM
    • 675 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hi and welcome ashore BDW!

Most people will incorporate loved ones in other ways in the wedding, like doing a reading, or giving them a special flower, or ushering, or some other task that makes them feel involved. You will find tonnes of advice on that here in the forums.

Happy planning :)

#3 *tanga*

*tanga*
      • 140 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Just tell people you are keeping it low key and don't want a huge bridal party. If they get upset - explain that they should have your best interests at heart. that is exactly what I did.

#4 lnf_munchkin

lnf_munchkin
        • 168 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

I stressed over this too. When I told one of my friend that obviously expected to be in my bridal party, she totally validated my decision. Her response was "You know we are giving up a trip to Italy to visit family for this" and I told her while it meant the world for her to be at my wedding, she had to prioritized herself, and I would understand if she decided not to come. She really doesn't have my best interests in mind if she throws that in my face. And while I do want her there I don't want to have to suffer for it either. After she had a day or two to calm down . . . she did tellme she understood my decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users