Jump to content

Photo

Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!


  • Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#81 WingsofInnocence

WingsofInnocence
  • Newbie
  • 34 posts

    Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

    Some of you have said in your contracts there were lots of errors? Errors in what sense? I have received my contract, and read it over and basically just signed it.. There was really nothing to negotiate or anything since it was basically saying you are responsible for your guests, etc, etc...
    The wedding "package" is not really a package since basically it only covers the paperwork for the wedding.. Cakes, flowers, etc are all separate. However, you do send pictures of what you are looking for, and the wedding coordinator seeks out the vendors. If you are not happy, they will find you another one..

    I am having issues right now wiring the money.. I have been to the bank twice with many emails and still can not send the transfer!! I am getting really frustrated as the contract for the wire transfer and the other info I got in an email do not match. It made me worry when the bank told me it sounded sketchy.
    I wish they would just take credit card!
    I am now considering just getting married here first, then going to have a vow renewal in Mexico.. If all this hassle is just for a deposit I am worried it will be the same when I try to legalize the wedding in Canada..
    Anyone else have issues with this?

    Sorry for my ranting! Just very stressed out about all this!

    #82 WingsofInnocence

    WingsofInnocence
    • Newbie
    • 34 posts

      Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by anacj13
      Congrats!! We have been dealing directly through Luis.

      Is she the wedding coordinator you guys are using?

      I'm so excited yet nervous to have the contract! There were many mistakes in the first one and this revised one looks much better.
      Did you have anything in yours in case of natural emergencies, epidemics, or power outages?

      Thanks!!
      I can not remember in the PM if I answered this..
      Yes Allibe is our wedding coordinator, she seems very efficient and I love that fact that I do not have to wait days for her to answer my emails. Even when I called her, she answered right away. I did not have to try calling back a whole bunch of times!

      #83 Matt Adcock

      Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

        Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by becks1581
        OK...here's the price list from Fernando. This is accurate as of appox 3 weeks ago:
        BRIDE TRIAL HAIR AND MAKEUP $180
        DAY OF THE EVENT $330

        BRIDESMAIDS,MOMS,FRIENDS
        ONLY MAKEUP $90
        ONLY HAIR $50 up to $80
        Fernando did the hair / makeup for Marissa and her girls for our wedding at HTR on Oct 12, 2009. Their slideshow is here

        I believe he also did makeup for their TTD as well. We started at HTR and then went to a cenote and then ended up back at the beach area for the last of the shoot... Just amazing stuff!

        Blog Post Video Marissa & Louie TTD

        Anyway, Fernando rocks... He is on time and always goes above and beyond for our clients!

        Here are a few more brides he did makeup for
        Marshal + Kaori -Ceiba del Mar

        Gaby + Ryan - Rosewood Mayakoba

        cheers!
        matt

        #84 becks1581

        becks1581
        • Jr. Member
        • 477 posts

          Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

          Matt,
          Thanks so much for posting the pictures, they make me even more excited to go on my site visit and to meet Fernando while I'm there!
          Do you have any thoughts on the resort or have any recommendations re: locations that make for great venues (ceremony, cocktail, reception)? It's always great to hear from someone who has been around the property and seen a wedding in action!!

          #85 becks1581

          becks1581
          • Jr. Member
          • 477 posts

            Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by WingsofInnocence
            Some of you have said in your contracts there were lots of errors? Errors in what sense? I have received my contract, and read it over and basically just signed it.. There was really nothing to negotiate or anything since it was basically saying you are responsible for your guests, etc, etc...
            The wedding "package" is not really a package since basically it only covers the paperwork for the wedding.. Cakes, flowers, etc are all separate. However, you do send pictures of what you are looking for, and the wedding coordinator seeks out the vendors. If you are not happy, they will find you another one..

            I am having issues right now wiring the money.. I have been to the bank twice with many emails and still can not send the transfer!! I am getting really frustrated as the contract for the wire transfer and the other info I got in an email do not match. It made me worry when the bank told me it sounded sketchy.
            I wish they would just take credit card!
            I am now considering just getting married here first, then going to have a vow renewal in Mexico.. If all this hassle is just for a deposit I am worried it will be the same when I try to legalize the wedding in Canada..
            Anyone else have issues with this?

            Sorry for my ranting! Just very stressed out about all this!
            Wings,
            You must be so excited (in addition to the stress)!
            Did you end up signing your contact? I wouldn't worry but instead be very glad that the contract didn't seem to have a lot of errors!! Now you can move on to the fun stuff :-) I'm hoping that my contract will go as smoothly.
            Did you basically just have to pay the $20pp for the reception set up/meal and then extra for decorations, etc? I still don't seem to have these details clear in my head.
            We're also planning to be legally married here first. It just seems to simplify things and FI isn't a big fan of having blood drawn in Mexico. Plus, this way we can have someone close to us officiate the ceremony and not worry about the legalities of it.

            #86 Matt Adcock

            Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

              Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by becks1581
              Matt,
              Thanks so much for posting the pictures, they make me even more excited to go on my site visit and to meet Fernando while I'm there!
              Do you have any thoughts on the resort or have any recommendations re: locations that make for great venues (ceremony, cocktail, reception)? It's always great to hear from someone who has been around the property and seen a wedding in action!!
              De nada :) we have seen a few weddings in action around this place... ;0

              Well, I don't want to hijack this thread, by any means and start throwing out lists of other hotels we recommend.... SO, just send an email to our studio manager and she will be happy to recommend hotels with slideshows, regardless if you book del Sol or not. info @ delsolphotography.com

              We really like HTR, for sure. Love that its not toooo big and they have a pier and the cenotes are there too...pretty deep and tough for photography though.

              cheers!
              mateo

              #87 becks1581

              becks1581
              • Jr. Member
              • 477 posts

                Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

                Thanks Matt...glad to hear that you liked HTR!
                I was actually just wondering if you had seen places within HTR that were cool for ceremony/reception. LOL, I've stressed myself out looking at millions of resorts already ;-)

                #88 WingsofInnocence

                WingsofInnocence
                • Newbie
                • 34 posts

                  Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by becks1581
                  Wings,
                  You must be so excited (in addition to the stress)!
                  Did you end up signing your contact? I wouldn't worry but instead be very glad that the contract didn't seem to have a lot of errors!! Now you can move on to the fun stuff :-) I'm hoping that my contract will go as smoothly.
                  Did you basically just have to pay the $20pp for the reception set up/meal and then extra for decorations, etc? I still don't seem to have these details clear in my head.
                  We're also planning to be legally married here first. It just seems to simplify things and FI isn't a big fan of having blood drawn in Mexico. Plus, this way we can have someone close to us officiate the ceremony and not worry about the legalities of it.
                  Hey!
                  Everything finally went thru.. We ended up paying by Credit card as we were having so many issues with the wire transfer.. Apparently I am the first Canadian bride that Allibe has worked with.. and Canadian banks are strickter then American with wire transfers.. But everything is good, and I can finally relax and start looking for pics of cakes, flowers, etc..
                  The wedding coordinator actually gave me a link to a photographer, and then if I was not pleased, she could giv eme more info on others.. She has been really good with helping me!
                  We put 800$ down on the wedding..
                  We came to the conclusion we are going to get married here first as well, as to not worry about legalization, and I dont think I am very fond of getting my blood taken there either! (Saves money too!)
                  Contract really did not have a whole bunch of stuff in it, was just basically stating we were responsible for our guests, etc..
                  Hope all your planning is going smooth, I am a lot less stressed about this now! :)

                  #89 WingsofInnocence

                  WingsofInnocence
                  • Newbie
                  • 34 posts

                    Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:57 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
                    De nada :) we have seen a few weddings in action around this place... ;0

                    Well, I don't want to hijack this thread, by any means and start throwing out lists of other hotels we recommend.... SO, just send an email to our studio manager and she will be happy to recommend hotels with slideshows, regardless if you book del Sol or not. info @ delsolphotography.com

                    We really like HTR, for sure. Love that its not toooo big and they have a pier and the cenotes are there too...pretty deep and tough for photography though.

                    cheers!
                    mateo
                    Hey Matt,
                    Just wondering where I can find a price list from del Sol? I emailed and got a response with a questionaire, but could not send it.. and still wondering about prices? Could you let me know what I should do?
                    Thanks!

                    #90 Eadon216

                    Eadon216
                    • Newbie
                    • 54 posts

                      Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

                      We got engaged at HTR! We absolutely love the resort. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Not to mention the views are gorgeous.

                      I'm trying to price out everything for our wedding, but it's difficult! I've been emailing Allibe, but it's like pulling teeth to find anything out. She offers information readily, it's just very confusing to me. I think it's because there is no set package. So finally today I sent her an email with everything I would want and asked for prices (except for things I already knew -such as hair & makeup is $350-$400).




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users