Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

It's been awhile since I've been on here.. hope everyone is doing well!

Aquabride, your pictures look amazing! So happy for you! :)

Christinaa23,

I purchased the fireworks show and we had them display them during our cake cutting.  We paid $1000 for it and we didn't feel like it was worth it AT ALL.  It was SO short.  By the time people noticed it, they were over! LOL.  Luckily, we have 1 or 2 pictures of them and one of our friends actually video'd part of it.  We were offered the sparklers like Aquabride had and just by the single picture she posted, they seem WAY cooler... and I think they were way cheaper!

Originally Posted by christinaa23 View Post

What a great picture aquabride!  It looks amazing!

Has anyone ever done a fire show or a fireworks show at HTR? If so, please share any info you have!

Chrisdior,

I had a young crowd also and there really isn't much to do in terms of clubbing.  They have a sports bar that is open until 1-2AM, so most of my guests would hang out there if they weren't partying in their rooms.  I know some all-inclusive resorts have an actual nightclub in the resort, but H3R doesn't.  The one nice thing about the resort was that there was a bunch of stuff to do during the day... the bike tour, kayak tours, exploring the cenotes, and just chilling at the pool.

It's about 15 minutes from playa and it cost us $20 by taxi.  It's about 30 minutes from cancun.  We didn't go there, so I don't know how much it costs by taxi.

Originally Posted by chrisdior View Post

Hi ladies, i just stumbled across this thread, the resort looks beautiful.Congrats to all the new brides!! Pictures are gorgeous!!

Can anyone tell me how the night life is here? I have a fairly young crowd (ages 25-30) coming in for the wedding. Dont want to disappoint them if there's not much to do.

How far is the resort from playa del carmen and cancun?

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on here in awhile!

Aquabride your pictures look amazing! It looks like you had a beautiful wedding!

Samantha I can't believe you wedding is this weekend! So exciting, you'll have to let me know how it goes.

Did anyone take all their couples and wedding party photos before their ceremony so they didn't miss the cocktail hour? If so how long did it take? I'm trying to decide what time I want our photographer to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies!  I am considering H3R for my wedding next year and have a few questions that I would love your help with:  

• What's a good time of year to book a wedding there based on weather and prices?  I would like January or February but I have seen some posts from brides who say that their rates were in the mid to low 100s and that would be great for my guests.
  • I have requested pricing but I'm so confused because what they sent me is not exactly comprehensive.  It basically shows the cost of the rooms if 20 are booked and says that we get a 5 hour reception included.  What does that mean exactly b/c I also saw something else about 20/pp? If anyone doesn't mind being candid, can you please send me a breakdown of your costs? I want to know exactly what to expect.
  • Did you use a travel agent to book travel and/or and excursions for guests?  If so, which one and would you recommend?
  • Would you recommend using a wedding planner over there to help coordinate or does will the coordinator on-site at the hotel suffice?
  • any other comments/suggestions?

Thank you so much! I am so overwhelmed with the options right now:-(

• 2 months later...

Hello NikkiJ

I hope this information helps and that its not too late. Since I have done few weddings at H3R, their package explains it all. I would suggest if you want the lower rates from H3R best to have a summer wedding, but keeping in mind that we sometimes get lots of rain in the summer. the good time to book really is anytime. It doesnt matter how well in advance you book, what matters most is which season your wedding will be held.

Group rate will apply only when you book minimum of 10 rooms , with an extension group rates apply of 3 nights prior to the wedding and 3 nights after. with the 5hours dinner included basically what they mean here is that: 3 course dinner, plus 5hours of open bar. when all your guests are staying at H3R you only pay $20 per person for the wedding reception. no extra costs

You can use their prefered vendors or choose to bring in your chosen vendors at no extra cost.

I would suggest getting a Travel agent, since you will already have enough on your plate with planning and TA is a great help, BDW has a lot of good ones. I would suggest getting a wedding planner especially if you are looking for better quality and good prices. If you need someone to make sure every detail is taken care for. This is a route to take. 

I love H3R, it a family friendly resorts, beautiful and affordable. They have a wide variety of wedding site.

Feel free to ask me anything 

Happy planning

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

We are less than 2 months away from our Wedding at Tres Rios (11/23/2012). I finally visited a few weeks ago and saw all of their locations. The Resort is more beautiful than I thought! OK, now down to some other nitty gritty. Brides who held their Reception or Rehearsal Dinners here: what florist did you use?

Any recommendations on lighting? Who handles it? by the pool terrace, it's easy to string up paper lanterns, but by the beach.. what did you do?

and what DJ did you use?

I've been trying to get an answer from Allibe, but haven't heard from her in a while.

Any help past brides here can provide would be sooo much appreciated!

Hello Christinaa23,

Congrats on your wedding, and I am happy to suggest my flower and decor team: ask for Christian and he knows how to work with any space and any budget.

http://www.cherryblossom.com.mx/  

DJ Luca he loves what he does and does very well and affordable

http://www.rivieramayawedding-dj.com/

The pool terrace is a gorgeous area for your reception and the paper lanterns can hold and will create an amazing ambiance.

What I like about Hacienda Tres Rios, they do not charge you for choosing your own vendors.

If you may have anymore question please email and i will be happy to help.

weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com  

Happy Planning

Joyce

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

We are less than 2 months away from our Wedding at Tres Rios (11/23/2012). I finally visited a few weeks ago and saw all of their locations. The Resort is more beautiful than I thought! OK, now down to some other nitty gritty. Brides who held their Reception or Rehearsal Dinners here: what florist did you use?

Any recommendations on lighting? Who handles it? by the pool terrace, it's easy to string up paper lanterns, but by the beach.. what did you do?

and what DJ did you use?

I've been trying to get an answer from Allibe, but haven't heard from her in a while.

Hi Christina, I haven't been able to check back in on this thread since my wedding in May as life got extremely busy!! However, I would definitely recommend my florist, who is the florist Allibe recommended. Her name is Saku and she owns/runs Latinasia flowers. Her contact info is latinasia.flowers@gmail.com. She was amazing to work with and I would highly recommend her! Congratulations and I hope you have an incredible wedding!!

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Samantha88k View Post

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

and what DJ did you use?

Hi Christina, I haven't been able to check back in on this thread since my wedding in May as life got extremely busy!! However, I would definitely recommend my florist, who is the florist Allibe recommended. Her name is Saku and she owns/runs Latinasia flowers. Her contact info is latinasia.flowers@gmail.com. She was amazing to work with and I would highly recommend her! Congratulations and I hope you have an incredible wedding!!

Hi!

We just returned from a planning/site visit to Playa del Carmen/H3R. We are considering using H3R for accommodation for our Nov 2013 wedding, but not for ceremony and reception. We did some other planning with my WC, including sourcing flowers and DJ... my WC recommends DJ Music, owned by brothers Gabriel and Abraham Mejia Garcia (info@djmusic.com.mx, djmusic@live.com.mx). She took me to a reception where they were DJ'ing, and I am very impressed! They are very professional and fun; I would highly recommend, and I do plan to book them. 

For flowers, she recommended Floreria Varsovia. I was impressed with their options, prices, and friendliness :)  They are out of Cancun, but my WC says that (contrary to what I would've thought) that Cancun vendors can be cheaper than in Playa del Carmen, since in Playa there's kind of a monopoly on the business there between a handful of places, so Foreria Varsovia is more competitively priced. I also plan to book them. 

Good luck!

Originally Posted by chrisdior View Post

Hi ladies, i just stumbled across this thread, the resort looks beautiful.Congrats to all the new brides!! Pictures are gorgeous!!

Can anyone tell me how the night life is here? I have a fairly young crowd (ages 25-30) coming in for the wedding. Dont want to disappoint them if there's not much to do.

How far is the resort from playa del carmen and cancun?

Thank you!!

Hi!

H3R is about 10 min. from downtown Playa, and I agree with another member who said that while there is tons of stuff to do during the day (the #1 reason why we are interested in H3R!), there isn't much on-resort night life. One idea I've heard, courtesy of my coworker who got married at a Palace resort in Playa last year, is to sponsor a "party bus" to take everyone up to Cancun for a night out. Having also been to Cancun, this sounds like a great idea, we might do the same thing! However, night life in downtown Playa isn't bad, so you could also implement the same idea closer to home, which would be cheaper than driving all the way to Cancun. 

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I do over 200 weddings and events every year in many, MANY hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Today I will talk about Hacienda Tres Rios. It is one of a kind hotel resort all across the Riviera Maya. Why? its name in Spanish means 3 rivers. It really has 3 rivers and the stuary is a place you can not miss out. Also, there are so many options to have your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, cocktail, reception and even next day brunch.  They also have an amazing cenote where you can have either your vows renewal or your private romantic dinner, or an engagement secret spot.

The hotel offers a canoe where brides can show up in front of all your guests right before the ceremony.

A destination wedding is more than a wedding. I would say it is an entire wedding experience either for you and for your guests. So the more options you have to plan your wedding experience in the resort the better.

Other very important feature of this hotel is that is an eco friendly resort. It has its own ecopark next door, so your guests wont get bored at all.

In other words, you can experience

• great cuisine at their 6 restaurants.
  • ocean view, river view and private beach experience at cacao beach.
  • cenote and river experiences.
  • sustainable decor (I personally trained all Hacienda Tres Rios staff) to make all flower arrangements and decor for lobby, restaurants, and other public facilities.
  • It is the only hotel around that produces its own lobby flowers and foliages, so you will see there what is produced there.

Here are some of many photos of weddings we have done there!

by the pool terrace

at cacao beach

mexican restaurant el alebrije, fondant cake

calla lilies and deep purple lisianthus bouquets

facing the sea

at martini lounge area

the main square

facing the stuary

at the stuary, facing the sea

arriving on the canoe

at the stuary, facing the river

red roses tall centerpiece

at the ball room

white wedding ceremony decir

at los angeles area, very Mexican feeling

at the wood deck

at the Herencia beach

tall centerpiece with orchids and curly willow branches

beach next to the river towards the pizzeria

Hydrangeas and orchids tall centerpiece

at the Mexican restaurant el alebrije

simple, elegant and romantic centerpiece

at the italian restaurant, porto bello, with big windows facing nice gardens

centerpiece with tall and short flower groupings.

by the pool terrace

bamboo gazebo with white drapings and colorful floral aisle decor

at the stuary (left you can see the river, right you can see the sea)

callas bouquet

by the river that ends and the stuary

Beach wedding ceremony, gazebo with white drapings, bamboo aisle runner and calla lilies on aisle.

at the stuary facing the river.

what ever is your need, I am just an e mail away from you.

Saku

Wedding Cancun by LATIN ASIA