Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Can I just say that it's so comforting to talk to someone that's going through the exact same situation! It's really just too difficult to explain to other people!!

I'm also concerned about some guests not booking through Jill. I really think that we'll get 10, but I'd REALLY love to have 25 rooms booked through her to get the free room...we'd use that for our photographer.

Let me know what Allibe says about this and I'll keep you posted on my updates tomorrow as well.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ladies - I went through the same headache when we were negotiating the contract.

We weren't sure how people were going to chose to book and we didn't want to get penalized.

We basically just had him write out a 10 room contract where we only had to commit to 5 rooms to our wedding coordinator and the rest could be booked however people chose to book.

We added more this time around but we didn't get into logistics. I have to call him to make sure we don't have to just book them through him only.

I like them because they seem so flexible. At first it's irritating because there are not many defined answers but I guess it's better than having to deal with a resort that says no to everything:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricey628 View Post
Yeah, I feel pretty confused by it all too. Iâ€m waiting right now to get Jillâ€s group contract, she said she received it today. I havenâ€t heard back from Allibe. I asked her what happens if we have guests that donâ€t book through Jill, should we have a group block too? I do think itâ€s smart that youâ€re researching all the options – I personally went on expedia, cheap tickets, etc to try to compare prices once I got what Jill quoted me! I guess the reality is that we really have no idea how this works with the travel agent vs. resort contracts, and itâ€s our responsibility to take care of our guests.

My info from Jill BTW was the same, you get 71 days to release the rooms, and itâ€s $100 deposit per room. I think the deposit is much higher but in the long run I feel good about it because of the benefits to working with a TA, like not having to answer anyoneâ€s questions about passports, flight info, emergencies, and all that. We definitely donâ€t need to deal with that stress when the time comes closer! And knowing that there is the cancellation policy in place, and the money will be put toward our costs makes it easier to accept. My biggest concern is the 10 room minimum for the group rate, if for some reason (which is highly unlikely) we donâ€t get 10 rooms booked, Iâ€m not sure what happens at that point, maybe they all go back to individual rates? Eek. I also would feel bad going through the resort if that takes away Jillâ€s commission (I have no idea how this works) because she has worked her butt off on researching stuff for me, and Iâ€ve been bugging her literally every other day LOL. Then again, if my TA hadnâ€t done so much work for me, or was unresponsive to emails or something, I wouldnâ€t feel bad at all about doing that.

So I guess guests have to book through Jill regardless of whether itâ€s with the group rate or individual? Iâ€m still concerned though, what happens if some guests donâ€t want to use her? I can recommend it on the STDs and website and all, but I feel like there will always be a couple of people who go their own route. Hopefully the group rate prices convince them, since they are so much better. If they donâ€t book with her, I guess they wonâ€t count toward my 10 rooms (that worries me).
Hi Tricey -

Where in NY are you from? I work in NY but live in CT! So happy to see a NY bride on here =)!!

Sorry so late responding! Amongst other things, we are getting ready to move in about a month, and I'm filling out zillions of job applications online... ugh.

Got the contract from Jill, asked a ton of questions, and she is negotiating now for some changes for me! All in all it looks good and we are seeing what kinds of perks I can (hopefully) get. She already got me one thing I was hoping for, so I have my fingers crossed. Will let you know once I hear back. I will be really happy to have all of it done, and the STD's out (I'm waiting on some stuff to arrive in the mail so we can make ours). I saw your boarding passes Becks, they look awesome! How are contract negotiations going for you?

Ana~ I grew up in Poughkeepsie and got my bachelor's in Albany. For the last three years though, I've been living in Arizona, Korea, and as of next month, Texas. :) My hubby's in the Air Force. We actually got married here in Seoul, JP style, and the wedding we are planning is going to be the big event for our families. Where are you from in CT? I haven't spent much time there, other than a lot of shopping at Danbury Mall, haha.

Quote:
Sorry so late responding! Amongst other things, we are getting ready to move in about a month, and I'm filling out zillions of job applications online... ugh.

Got the contract from Jill, asked a ton of questions, and she is negotiating now for some changes for me! All in all it looks good and we are seeing what kinds of perks I can (hopefully) get. She already got me one thing I was hoping for, so I have my fingers crossed. Will let you know once I hear back. I will be really happy to have all of it done, and the STD's out (I'm waiting on some stuff to arrive in the mail so we can make ours). I saw your boarding passes Becks, they look awesome! How are contract negotiations going for you?

Ana~ I grew up in Poughkeepsie and got my bachelor's in Albany. For the last three years though, I've been living in Arizona, Korea, and as of next month, Texas. :) My hubby's in the Air Force. We actually got married here in Seoul, JP style, and the wedding we are planning is going to be the big event for our families. Where are you from in CT? I haven't spent much time there, other than a lot of shopping at Danbury Mall, haha.

Jill also got back to us with rates and they looked really good. She is trying to get a few extra perks for us as well...lower deposit and fewer guests booked in order to get the free room. She's been really great and I'm very reassured. I just can't wait to get everything signed so that I can pass the TA info on to our friends and have them start booking. That is going to be the BEST feeling!!!

I'm also going on a cruise to Key West and Cozumel with 7 of my college girlfriends this weekend so hopefully they will all be excited and planning for another trip/reunion to Mexico in 11 months or so !!!!

Oh, I'm glad you liked the boarding passes. There were a lot of blood, sweat and paper cuts that went into them but we were really happy with the final product.

Hey girls! Do you mind sharing what rates you got?

For the free room was it for one night or more?

Our rate for rooms was $185/per person. Some people think it's steep but let me know if you guys got a better deal.

Also - do you girls know if all the rooms are all-inclusive? Someone asked me and I didn't know what the right answer was. When we were down there for Memorial Day there were some people wearing bracelets and the guy checking us in said it ws because they were not in "All-Inclusive". I'd like to know in case a guests books that by accident.

Tricey that is too funny - I've been to a couple of weddings at the Poughkeepsie Grand. My Fiancee is from Patterson/Carmel. I'm from Stamford, CT so I love going to the Danbury Mall.

I LOVE LOVE Arizona!! We went to Scottland a few years ago and fell in love with it.

Havenâ€t heard back yet about the contract but I canâ€t wait to have that done and out of the way too! I was thinking about the people not booking through the TA problem, and really, if that happens, worst case scenario we end up with less than 10 rooms booked and have to cancel it. But we would know that ahead of time I think, and I really doubt we would have less than 10.

Becks~ Your cruise sounds awesome! So jealous!!  My 2 best friends were married before me, one has a 2 year old and is thinking about trying for another, and the other is pregnant. I canâ€t wait for the days when we are all able to take girl trips together…We never really did it in college since we were all too poor, and now itâ€s baby-making season lol!

Ana~ My rates are about $192 so itâ€s a little more, but Iâ€m kind of thinking thatâ€s related to time of year? We are January, and Jill had said it goes up even more in Feb and March… All in all $192 sounds good to me, especially compared to what the individual rates and online rates were. Who thinks itâ€s steep?

The free room Iâ€m not sure about yet, but I was pretty sure it was a free room for the whole week if you book a certain number of rooms, 25 was the current number… All of our rooms are all inclusive, and I asked our TA to include roundtrip transfers for everyone too.

Scottsdale is actually where I got engaged! I absolutely love it there, I lived in Phoenix for 2 years and spent a lot of time in downtown Scottsdale. Itâ€s gorgeous. I think my high school graduation was at the Pok Grandhuh.gif Lol…. Iâ€ve heard of a lot of weddings there. My immediate family is still in the Poughkeepsie area too, so I try to come back as much as possible.

Quote:
Havenâ€t heard back yet about the contract but I canâ€t wait to have that done and out of the way too! I was thinking about the people not booking through the TA problem, and really, if that happens, worst case scenario we end up with less than 10 rooms booked and have to cancel it. But we would know that ahead of time I think, and I really doubt we would have less than 10.

Becks~ Your cruise sounds awesome! So jealous!!  My 2 best friends were married before me, one has a 2 year old and is thinking about trying for another, and the other is pregnant. I canâ€t wait for the days when we are all able to take girl trips together…We never really did it in college since we were all too poor, and now itâ€s baby-making season lol!

Ana~ My rates are about $192 so itâ€s a little more, but Iâ€m kind of thinking thatâ€s related to time of year? We are January, and Jill had said it goes up even more in Feb and March… All in all $192 sounds good to me, especially compared to what the individual rates and online rates were. Who thinks itâ€s steep?

The free room Iâ€m not sure about yet, but I was pretty sure it was a free room for the whole week if you book a certain number of rooms, 25 was the current number… All of our rooms are all inclusive, and I asked our TA to include roundtrip transfers for everyone too.

Scottsdale is actually where I got engaged! I absolutely love it there, I lived in Phoenix for 2 years and spent a lot of time in downtown Scottsdale. Itâ€s gorgeous. I think my high school graduation was at the Pok Grandhuh.gif Lol…. Iâ€ve heard of a lot of weddings there. My immediate family is still in the Poughkeepsie area too, so I try to come back as much as possible.
A few people have mentioned how steep it is for Mexico...I think they thought it was $185 Per night...but it's not. It's 185 per person per night. That's awesome that roundtrip transfers were included in yours!! Ours is only for their rooms. I think people would find it a little better if the transfers were included.