Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofInnocence View Post
WoW! How long ago did you get this quote? I was told for a symbolic ceremony $800 and for the legal civil ceremony $1600!!
Luis emailed me this quote in December so I'm sure that it's gone up since then. I haven't signed a contract yet b/c we wanted to meet and do it during the site visit. I'm sure I'll have to pay the $800 since we don't have anything signed. Too bad!!

Was the cake included in your reception cost or was it extra? I'm trying to get an idea of what our itemized expenses will be. I'd love to see the format of your contract if you don't mind...no pressure though!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
Luis emailed me this quote in December so I'm sure that it's gone up since then. I haven't signed a contract yet b/c we wanted to meet and do it during the site visit. I'm sure I'll have to pay the $800 since we don't have anything signed. Too bad!!

Was the cake included in your reception cost or was it extra? I'm trying to get an idea of what our itemized expenses will be. I'd love to see the format of your contract if you don't mind...no pressure though!
Too bad you never signed anything in December.. you would have saved some money!! When are you doing your site visit? It is coming up isnt it? You will have to let me know what you think. My future mother in law did visit the resort in Feb.. and said Luis was very patient, etc.. So, I think things should be good!
There really is no reception cost on the contract.. Contract basically just states the wedding fee and what it includes, what the wedding coordinator does, food and beverage and when the resort needs to know what you want, the venue, deposit and payments, cancellation, information on what is included in the all inclusive, and what it not included, information on additional charges (like being late, gift delivery, etc..)
From what I understand.. I just get pictures to Allibe and she is going to get me prices on what the pictures of cakes, flowers, etc will cost..
Hopefully you will get some answers when you do you site visit, and you can give us all a heads up!
Hope this helps a little bit? ha ha.. anymore questions, I will try to answer. When are you guys planning on getting married?

Quote:
Too bad you never signed anything in December.. you would have saved some money!! When are you doing your site visit? It is coming up isnt it? You will have to let me know what you think. My future mother in law did visit the resort in Feb.. and said Luis was very patient, etc.. So, I think things should be good!
There really is no reception cost on the contract.. Contract basically just states the wedding fee and what it includes, what the wedding coordinator does, food and beverage and when the resort needs to know what you want, the venue, deposit and payments, cancellation, information on what is included in the all inclusive, and what it not included, information on additional charges (like being late, gift delivery, etc..)
From what I understand.. I just get pictures to Allibe and she is going to get me prices on what the pictures of cakes, flowers, etc will cost..
Hopefully you will get some answers when you do you site visit, and you can give us all a heads up!
Hope this helps a little bit? ha ha.. anymore questions, I will try to answer. When are you guys planning on getting married?
Thanks for the info! We will be in Mexico May 6-10 so only a few more weeks to go! Our wedding date is May 7, 2011.
Def let me know if you have any specific questions or want pictures of anything in particular. I'd be happy to do that for you guys!!

Ah ha! You're the May 7th bride! Allibe told me that day wasn't available. Which is fine, we want the 21st since my sister will have graduated college by then.

My email to Luis got forwarded on to Allibe. My guess is they've hired her/the company she works for to do the arranging. Maybe Luis is only dealing with brides he started to work with before.

Allibe is very nice and offered to call. I just want to make sure I don't spend more money then I have to.

But, I can tell you that you will probably love your site visit! The resort is amazing cheesy.gif

Too funny--I wonder if the wedding coordinators realize that we brides end up befriending each other and sharing information. I'm sure your sister is SO excited for an awesome post-graduation trip!! It's too bad we'll probably miss each other when we're there next year, I'd totally save you a seat :-)

I'm so excited to go for the site visit! TripAdvisor has had quite a few negative reviews lately which I know I can't/shouldn't worry about but I know that I'll feel so much better once I see everything in person. I'm also meeting with DJ Ivan who we're already hired and with Fernando Fuentes to hopefully pay our deposit for hair and makeup. It's really happening now!!!

Random question...has anyone gotten quotes for fire dancers during the reception? For some reason, I REALLY want to do this.

I think the negative reviews were by people who were bumped. I saw someone explain that there had been a human error and they were overbooked. Plus with the water not looking perfect due to a storm they had led to less than stellar reviews.

I haven't gotten a quote for fire dancers, but what a cool idea!!! Let me know what you find out.

My mom and I did some number figuring this weekend and I don't have much left to play around with, unfortunately. But that's ok. There will only be about 15 people there so we don't need anything big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post
Too funny--I wonder if the wedding coordinators realize that we brides end up befriending each other and sharing information. I'm sure your sister is SO excited for an awesome post-graduation trip!! It's too bad we'll probably miss each other when we're there next year, I'd totally save you a seat :-)
I'm so excited to go for the site visit! TripAdvisor has had quite a few negative reviews lately which I know I can't/shouldn't worry about but I know that I'll feel so much better once I see everything in person. I'm also meeting with DJ Ivan who we're already hired and with Fernando Fuentes to hopefully pay our deposit for hair and makeup. It's really happening now!!!

Random question...has anyone gotten quotes for fire dancers during the reception? For some reason, I REALLY want to do this.
So excited your trip is coming up!!!
Do you think you can take pictures of the Ceiba Jr Suite rooms? I saw the master suite overlooking the terrace but not the regular ones where our guests will be staying.

I only ate at one of the restaurants so please let me know what the food is like when you get back! Also the beach:) I went when it was a little cloudy and the water all over the Riviera Maya was a little murky that day.

I'd love to get any information you get!!! We are still waiting on approval from the Catholic chapel they have onsite. When we visited Luis said he expected approval by February and that we should be fine for our wedding...it is now April and no word sad.gif I must say that is by far the most stressful part for me since that is a big reason why we chose the resort.

Thanks Becks! I hope you have a blast on your trip!!

Hey Becks.. Was wondering if you have picked a photographer yet? and who you were going with? I think I found one that I really like, but have not committed to anything yet.

You were planning on having a symbolic ceremony? Is that correct? Have you gotten a straight answer about what the fee includes?

Let me know all your details! Ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacj13 View Post
So excited your trip is coming up!!!
Do you think you can take pictures of the Ceiba Jr Suite rooms? I saw the master suite overlooking the terrace but not the regular ones where our guests will be staying.

I only ate at one of the restaurants so please let me know what the food is like when you get back! Also the beach:) I went when it was a little cloudy and the water all over the Riviera Maya was a little murky that day.

I'd love to get any information you get!!! We are still waiting on approval from the Catholic chapel they have onsite. When we visited Luis said he expected approval by February and that we should be fine for our wedding...it is now April and no word sad.gif I must say that is by far the most stressful part for me since that is a big reason why we chose the resort.

I'll be sure to get all of the details and report back!!!
Thanks Becks! I hope you have a blast on your trip!!
Quote:
Hey Becks.. Was wondering if you have picked a photographer yet? and who you were going with? I think I found one that I really like, but have not committed to anything yet.
You were planning on having a symbolic ceremony? Is that correct? Have you gotten a straight answer about what the fee includes?
Let me know all your details! Ha ha!

We leave tomorrow morning!!

I'll definitely take pictures of the Ceiba Jr Suite rooms (we'll be staying in one) and will check out the beach and food. I'm really interested in seeing the beach since there's been so much talk of the water not being clear/blue. FI and I were just joking about eating two dinners one night so that we can check out more restaurants ;-)

Wings--We are using Terra Dawn as our photographer. I actually found her through BDW but she's based out of DC. She's been a photographer for a long time but is just starting to get into destination weddings. You can google her and check out her work on her blog...I think she's incredible and I love the idea of having someone there to capture the entire weekend!!!

I'll be sure to get all of the details and report back!!!!

Hi Girls -

I've had a bit of a stressful week. I feel like Luis completely lied to us to get us to book our wedding. Basically, when we visited back in December he told us that the catholic chapel they had onsite would be registered and opened by November (our wedding month). He told us they had already submitted the paperwork to get approval on getting the church registered by the Catholic church.

When we called him last week he gave us a completely different story and told us to start looking at other chapels because they're still waiting for the owners of the Tres Rios to even decide if they want the chapel to be opened and then they will seek to get approval on registering the chapel from the Catholic church....THis would have been nice to know back in December and before we booked!! So now we're scrambling to find other chapels at other resorts because the two downtown don't have any good openings left (they have 7pm or 10am)....honestly so stressful to be dealing with this 6 months out. ARGHsad.gif

I'm hoping Becks comes back with a good review if not I'm seriously considering switching resorts.