Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AshManahan

Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Hello Ladies,

I found this site a couple months ago when I first became engaged, but now I have my date confirmed!!! My fiance and I will be getting married at HTR on May 13, 2012 and we are very excited!!! I have spoken with Luis a few times and he seems to be helpful even though he is slow to reply. My parents are owners at HTR so if anyone has any advice or experience in contracting with the resort for the ceremony/reception, etc. without including a room block it would be greatly appreciated!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cograts Samantha,

We did a room block but not through HTR...through a travel agent instead.  We signed a contract with the resort for the cost of the ceremony and the $20 per person for private events, etc.  They basically just took out the room booking stuff.

My only advice would be to make sure that the contract gives you the same private event fee for all of your guests at the resort.  They initially wanted us to pay $20pp for everyone that booked via our TA and full menu price (about $80pp) for anyone that book through another outlet like expedia or AAA.  We were able to get it worked out but it would have cost us a ton of extra money in the end (since you can't really control how your guests book.)

 

The whole contract signing process was a little tedious for us, but if you just make sure that you read through everything carefully you will be totally fine...and then its on to the fun stuff!!
 

Originally Posted by Samantha88k View Post

Hello Ladies,

I found this site a couple months ago when I first became engaged, but now I have my date confirmed!!! My fiance and I will be getting married at HTR on May 13, 2012 and we are very excited!!! I have spoken with Luis a few times and he seems to be helpful even though he is slow to reply. My parents are owners at HTR so if anyone has any advice or experience in contracting with the resort for the ceremony/reception, etc. without including a room block it would be greatly appreciated!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Future Mrs. M View Post

 

I sent mine to get steamed at the resort and my Husband sent his tux to get pressed/as well. I sent it the day before and got it back the day of the wedding. The only thing is timing  -  I would tell them an hour earlier than you really need it. I asked for it for 11 but didn't get it until past 11.

 

I had no other issues other than timing though - the dress looked great.

 

Thanks!! That's good info to know. My wedding is at 5pm so I'll probably aim to get it back by noon. Glad to know they handled it well :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, I am working on hiring outside vendors and have already booked a photographer but before I book a DJ I was wondering if any of you had any issues booking outside vendors without going directly through Luis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samantha88k View Post

Hi Ladies, I am working on hiring outside vendors and have already booked a photographer but before I book a DJ I was wondering if any of you had any issues booking outside vendors without going directly through Luis?



 

Hi Samantha!

 

I didn't have any issues, but I did tell Allibe (she works for Luis) that I was planning on bringing my own photographer.  I also ended up finding a DJ that was cheaper than who she was suggesting and she was okay with that also.  BTW, if anyone is looking for a DJ, I heard really great things about the guy I hired and he was cheaper than the company Allibe had initially suggested.  He also includes emceeing while the company Allibe suggested charges extra for!

 

However, I did try to book my an outside florist and she didn't allow that. I guess they are contracted with some vendors, so they have to go through the ones they use (flowers and lighted dancefloors).  BUT I got cheaper price quotes from the florist I wanted to book through and Allibe had her florist meet/beat his price which was pretty cool (because other florists I got quotes from couldn't beat or even meet my florists' price).

 

Hope that helps! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Navarro View Post

I had just shot a wedding at the Hacienda Tres Rios and I was surprised at the many amazing Pictures spots I Could find here. It has a variety of different places where you can really feel the Caribbean at its best.  

I would have really liked to shoot a Trash the Dress session here.

http://www.juanphotos.com/blog/?p=8613



Hi Juan,

 

Thank you so much for posting photos from that wedding! They are awesome! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by damitAPRILurCOOL View Post

 

Quote:

 

 

Hi Samantha!

 

I didn't have any issues, but I did tell Allibe (she works for Luis) that I was planning on bringing my own photographer.  I also ended up finding a DJ that was cheaper than who she was suggesting and she was okay with that also.  BTW, if anyone is looking for a DJ, I heard really great things about the guy I hired and he was cheaper than the company Allibe had initially suggested.  He also includes emceeing while the company Allibe suggested charges extra for!

 

However, I did try to book my an outside florist and she didn't allow that. I guess they are contracted with some vendors, so they have to go through the ones they use (flowers and lighted dancefloors).  BUT I got cheaper price quotes from the florist I wanted to book through and Allibe had her florist meet/beat his price which was pretty cool (because other florists I got quotes from couldn't beat or even meet my florists' price).

 

Hope that helps! :)

 

That does help, thanks! I asked Luis about hiring the specific DJ I was looking at and he told me that the DJ wasn't allowed to work at the hotel but he didn't give me a back story. I would definitely be interested in knowing who you booked as your DJ as well as you florist that gave you lower prices if your willing to share! You can PM me too!! Thanks again!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×