Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Everything was great. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We had a welcome cocktail party planned outside, and it looked like rain. They closed the Mexican place for us for 1.5 hours, so we could have a private party, made signature cocktails for me, and then set the table for 25 for dinner.

Luis is not good with email. I suggest that you call the hotel and speak with him. His English is pretty good. When he tells you he will take care of it, don't worry. You will have to go through everything with him when you get there, and he can get it done in like 5 minutes. Example, the pastry chef quit and took the picture of my Guinness cake with him. I went online, printed a new one, gave it to the Chef and it was done. Not exactly the way I wanted, but 1) it was close enough 2) it tasted great 3) it was FREE!!!

In terms of value this is the best spot in the area. I've stayed at over 20 resorts and this is 1 of 2 that I will go back to. I really suggest making a site visit, the rates are discounted when you do it, and airfare has been pretty cheap lately.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!! We'd love to see more pictures!!!

I finally heard back via e-mail from Luis with itemized answers to my questions. I guess a week turn-around wasn't too bad when you factor in the 'island-time'. I emailed back with a list of further questions; if I don't hear back soon, maybe I'll give him a call after the holiday.

I'm pretty encouraged by the info that he sent. It sounds like they are pretty accommodating to requests and that prices are reasonable. He quoted me $350 for a symbolic ceremony and $700 for civil. Does that match with what you guys are paying?

My TA also sent me an info packet that discussed getting a wedding package for free if you stay 7-nights. Did anyone take advantage of that perk?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! We're getting TONS of snow in DC today which is kinda fun...but also makes me long for MX!!!!

$350 for the symbollic sounds about right. I wouldn't work through a TA, you will get better prices from Luis directly. Also their is a package where you get a free week, but with the current rates and such, I don't think it is worth it. You will get one free night in your contract though.

They gave my husband a free room adjoining his best man's the day of, to get ready.

I'm still working on more pics, the holiday's are killing me! No snow in Chicago, for once! I think I'll go shopping today.

Have a great weekend ladies.

I finally got around to uploading some of my pictures. Our wedding was on November 12, 2009. Here is the link:

Snapfish: Share:Registration

I'm also working on writing up a detailed summary of everything we went through in planning our wedding at HTR. It may take me a little while.

I also have a lot more pictures of the resort/rooms/beach etc. if anyone is interested.

-Laura :)

Beautiful pictures Laura! I just love the site they use for the cermony...it's beachy but also a little rustic which I think is a gorgeous combo for a wedding. What did you think of the resort in general in terms of food, service, activities? I'd love to see more pictures if you have them...I'll PM you my email address.

Ash...thanks again for the info. I guess I just need to wait until I can talk to Luis again to go over prices for the rooms and wedding. If only I had more patience!!! Seriously though, that's terrific that he threw in extras like the room for your groom and discounted room rates...let's just say that I'm not used to that sort of treatment from other resorts ;-)

NurseNicki: How many guests are you planning to have? Have you figured out the details for your cermony/cocktail/reception sites?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies,

So glad to find this thread. FI and I found the Tres Rios just today and contacted the wedding dept. Waiting to hear back. But I noticed someone here has the date we wanted (May 29, 2010). Do you know if they do more than one wedding in a day?

Ours is just a ceremony - cosmic followed by civil - for two. We're eloping!

Our Plan:

We will do the mesoamerican cleansing ritual before-hand (seems so cool) to 'prepare' us for marriage, and after the ceremony we're doing the private dinner over the water with the saxophonist (or guitarist if they have one available). We're staying 9 nights.

If they can't do more than one wedding in a day, I'm up a creek. Hopefully I'll hear back with good news soon.