Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Did anyone have a night time reception? We're getting married at 5pm so our dinner will be after sunset. Allibe, a few months back, offered us a choice between two lighting choices. I figured it was part of the services they offered. Today in an email of cost breakdowns she sent me she included the price of the light that we chose.....yeah....it's $500! I almost had to pick my eyes up off the floor. I found that to be absolutely crazy! She failed to mention that it would cost anything let alone so much money when she offered me the choice in lighting. I'll eat in the dark if I have to. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually trying to figure the lighting out too. When Luis sent me a list of "extras" I didn't understand why lighting was so expensive. Eadon, can you elaborate on where you are holding your reception as well as what type of lighting you believe to be getting for $500??

Well, first I have to say you're lucky you got a list of extras. I never got a list like that.

Originally I was going to have my reception pool side. That's actually in my contract. The lighting choices she offered us was a choice between two. One was this giant white lantern ball and the other was a string of round purple lanterns. Well my wedding color is purple so that worked perfectly and they looked really nice so we chose that option. No mention of price was made. Nor was it mentioned to me that if I had my reception pool side that I *had* to pay for lighting. There is no alternative. 

But now we've moved our reception to the martini terrace as there will only be 14 of us. The martini terrace has lighting already and can seat a max of 24 people. So if you have a small group I suggest going that route and save yourself $500!!!!

We aren't sure where our reception will be, i like all the options but for different reasons of course! I got the list of extras about a month ago but I haven't heard back yet on any of the specifics I asked for.  We are expecting between 25-30 so I guess that may just rule out the terrace. Have you gotten any prices for linens? In the list I have it says that depending on what you want the costs range, but I figure I can decorate over plain tables if they isn't an extra fee for basic white.

Hi girls,

I haven't been on here in a while but I am getting married at HTR on May 7.  All of our RSVPs are in and we will have 68 guests :-)  We are having our ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the martini terrace and reception on the round plaza.  We are also doing a welcome bbq on the beach area where the volleyball net usually is.  I posted some pics a few pages back.

It sounds like a lot has been changing and evolving since I started my planning over a year ago.  Like Eadon, I did almost all of the leg work myself including finding my own florist, photographer, DJ and mariachi.  We also hired an outside minister because I wanted to be able to have a little more control over the ceremony.  When we started planning there were no restrictions on vendors but also no list of 'extras'.  That's ok though b/c I actually chose this resort because it allows so much flexibility!!!  At first communication was slow with Allibe but I promise that once you hit the two month mark things are more quick!!

Definitely let me know if you have any questions about vendors, etc!

White linens for the round dinner tables are included.  If you want specialty linens (different colors or textures) then you have to pay for them.  We are getting special tablecloths and tiffany chairs for the reception through Gamanteles.  This is one of the vendors recommended by HTR and that Avi recommended a few months ago.  Emailing with them is a little tough due to differences in language but Allibe is setting up a meeting with them when we arrive to look at samples and nail down the details.

I actually gave Allibe the contact info for all of my vendors and she is going to set up appts with them all in one day...she's been really good about organization lately which has made me very cheesy.gif!

Originally Posted by Eadon216 View Post

I'm hitting the 2 month mark which is why all of this is coming fast and furious. And it why I'm getting so stressed about it. 

I had no idea there was a linen cost. That better not be brought up last minute as it was never mentioned before!

• 2 weeks later...

Girls we had our cocktail hour at the martini lounge and our reception on the round terrace. We had our welcome party at the beach area and loved it!!! IF we could go back and do it again, I'd chose to do the wedding reception on the beach too. It looked so romantic with the lighting we rented and the sound of the ocean. I didn't like the look of the wall on the round terrace - the backdrop didn't look nice at all since you could see shadows/etc. We did like that it was a different thing than the beach when we were planning but I wish we could have done it on the beach. We still had a great time and loved everything but I think it would have been a little more romantic and gorgeous on the beach.

Lighting can get pricey but it's all worth it! Trust me!! I was skeptical to pay so much for lighting on both nights but it was all worth it. I have to dig up what I paid but I think it was at least $500 each night if not more.

I have been thinking about having my wedding at Hacienda Tres Rios and I am confused about the packages and all the fees? its hard to understand the woman that I am working with too :-( I just feel like it is suppose to be fun planning and all I feel is confused and bothered. Can you guys tell me what you experienced?