Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Hello H3R Brides,

Has anyone worked with Party Planner 1?  They seem to be able to handle everything but I'm wondering if it's more cost effective to work with multiple vendors instead of one monster party planning company.

Thoughts?

Brooke

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting this for me!! It is hard to decide on a menu when you have not tasted what they make. So it is nice to read what you would choose, etc..helps me in deciding!

I just emailed Allibe about a quote for me flowers..the months are going by quickly! I have to start getting everything in order, or I wont get anything done!!

Have you picked your bouquet yet?

Originally Posted by becks1581 View Post

Hey, I finally remembered to pull out the menu and take a look at what we tasted during our site visit.  I'll try to list everything and what we chose.  Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Appetizer

1.  Three Maria Salad (Lettuce, tomato, panela cheese, avocado and basil vinaigrette)---DELICIOUS AND DEF OUR CHOICE

2.  Roman lettuce with bacon, puff pastry, parm cheese and creamy anchovy vinaigrette

3. Grilled Shrimp over apple crisp with goat cheese and caramelized onion--THIS WAS VERY UNIQUE/COOL PRESENTATION

Main Course

1.  Beef tournedo in bordelaise sauce with mushroom and marsala goulash, spring cous cous

2.  Hacienda Chicken:  Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and cheese covered in a buttered coriander sauce--THIS IS A TERRIFIC CHICKEN OPTION, IMO

3. Macadamia nut crusted lamb rack with warm chimichurri jelly served on a smoked arugula mirror---IF YOU LIKE LAMB, THIS IS TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dessert

1.  Red wine canelones stuffed with cheese and pear mousse over balsamic reduction and caramel---DELICIOUS, WE WILL BE SERVING THIS

2. Coffee creme brulee and strawberry compote

3.  Tres Leches cake---SOOOO YUMMY, I HOPE TO SERVE THIS AT THE WELCOME PARTY!

Absolutely NOTHING was bad!!!  I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose.  We are hoping that Oscar will allow us to give our guests a choice between lamb and chicken for the entree (would have to provide the resort with exact #s of each in advance).  We also have a handful of vegetarians and Oscar told us that he can create something to our liking for them.

Makes me hungy typing this!!!!

Hey Girls-  I just wanted to let you know that I went to the Hacienda Tres Rios with my Mom to finalize some wedding plans. The property is still as gorgeous as ever! I will upload pictures this weekend for you girls. We finally decided on our definite locations. We are having the welcome party on the beach next to the river so we will be completely surrounded by water (beach and the river). Our wedding will be on the main terrace similar to the video on the HTR website. Luis was VERY helpful! I love meeting with him because he is really just great. I also gave him a picture of the cake we wanted which he will be sending to the bakery. We were told that this is an extra charge of $300. Were you guys quoted this as well? Also- we have decided on our dinner menu! He said he will also give us a vegetarian option. I love that it's so flexible.

Who are you guys using for hair and make-up? Has anyone heard of Katia?

Also - if anyone wants to work with my wedding coordinator she is AMAZING! Her company is Celebracion Cancun. It is an extra charge but in my opinion definitely worth it!! Especially in my case since I will be getting married in a Church outside the resort. Her help with the flowers was really great this past weekend and also incorporating my ideas. The hotel pretty much does the basics but I feel like it's just catering. Getting an outside coordinator allows for a lot more creativity.

Hi,

Just got married 08/14/10, yyeehh everything was perfect. my air/make up artist was awsome.

David Gracia 044-998-842-0224 From the states you dial : cel 011 52 1 998 842 0224 or studio 011 52 998 914-0482

amazing work!!!

tell him avi send you!

good luck!

It's so great to hear everyone's positive experiences...both with planning visits and with actual weddings.  I need to hear this stuff every once in a while to reassure myself what a great place HTR is for our weddings!!!

I'd love to see everyone's pics.  Avi--your new profile picture looks gorgeous.  How were your vendors?  We all would LOVE to hear your advice now that you've had your wedding.  CONGRATS on becoming a MRS!!!

Oh, as for Planner 1--I'm still waiting for a quote from them via Allibe.  I'll probably use them for rentals (wedding and welcome party) but I think that I'm going to go with a different florist.  As for makeup, I'm using Fernando Fuentes.  I met him on my site visit and he was fantastic.  He gets great reviews as well.

Hey Future Mrs.M!  Did they finish the new spa???  They told me it would be done this July.  You're getting married the weekend after me by the way! When do you arrive?  We leave on the 10th.  Hope all is going well with your planning!!

Originally Posted by Future Mrs. M View Post

Hey Girls-  I just wanted to let you know that I went to the Hacienda Tres Rios with my Mom to finalize some wedding plans. The property is still as gorgeous as ever! I will upload pictures this weekend for you girls. We finally decided on our definite locations. We are having the welcome party on the beach next to the river so we will be completely surrounded by water (beach and the river). Our wedding will be on the main terrace similar to the video on the HTR website. Luis was VERY helpful! I love meeting with him because he is really just great. I also gave him a picture of the cake we wanted which he will be sending to the bakery. We were told that this is an extra charge of $300. Were you guys quoted this as well? Also- we have decided on our dinner menu! He said he will also give us a vegetarian option. I love that it's so flexible.

Who are you guys using for hair and make-up? Has anyone heard of Katia?

Also - if anyone wants to work with my wedding coordinator she is AMAZING! Her company is Celebracion Cancun. It is an extra charge but in my opinion definitely worth it!! Especially in my case since I will be getting married in a Church outside the resort. Her help with the flowers was really great this past weekend and also incorporating my ideas. The hotel pretty much does the basics but I feel like it's just catering. Getting an outside coordinator allows for a lot more creativity.

Hey girls thank you!!!

ok here we go, Iâ€m super happy with all my vendors!! Hair/make up was awesome and not only with me but all 9 ladies in the family where very happy and my mom is so difficult!! she was happy!

i love my photographer!! she is amazing! got my pics and i was so grateful!

my flowers!!! this guy made my wedding look so pretty and he really really cared that everything was perfect! he is a perfectionist!!! and his team are very hard working people.

I have so much info fresh in my head, please please, donâ€t hesitate to email me for questions, and my husband didnâ€t like the massage at HTR, very disappointed.

Didnt have a wedding planner, but i know one, i didt all myself! (let me tell you my husband was on top of vendors as well and fam helped because it is allot of work just to make sure that they looks like you dreamed)

im happy to help with questions!

avishag76@hotmail.com

(my wedding was indoors except the ceremony that was at the pier night time)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ladies,

Has anyone heard from Allibe lately?  I've been waiting for a few answers and quotes from her for a couple of months now.  Last month she emailed me back to say that she was sorry that its taking so long ...but I've heard nothing since.  I've sent a few polite emails in the weeks since but she hasn't replied.  I thought his was odd so I wanted to check with you all.  My fiance is suggesting that I email again but this time CC Luis.