What Does Your FI/DH Do For a Living?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

Cain is a Engineer Tech for Nissan (we work for the same company, that's how we met.) He pretty much does body testing for prototype vehicles.

#22 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

Reggie is working at a physical therapy office and is starting school for his D.P.T. soon, so EVENTUALLY, he will be a physical therapist! :)
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#23 -Kate-

• VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

Leigh - our men could be friends. My FI works as a lead program manager at Microsoft. He's been there 7 years and loves it - the people, not so much, but the job he loves. He also went to compuer camp when he was little. Nerd much?

The combo of the Microsoft guy and the prosecutor makes us sound like the most conservative couple ever. Thank god he has a s#!t ton of piercings so people know we aren't super uptight.

#24 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by TammyB
          Cain is a Engineer Tech for Nissan (we work for the same company, that's how we met.) He pretty much does body testing for prototype vehicles.
          Everton works for Nissan also, sounds like a cool job Cain has.

#25 DEE1978

• 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

Mark is a police sergeant in Boston and works most weekends and holidays with a rotating swing shift-meaning this week he will be off tue and wed so next week he will have mon and tue off. It is hard to hang out with friends much less each other but we are used to it now:)
            He had been working super crazy hours so we could afford to go to Tahiti for our honeymoon at the end of this year-

#26 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by leigh miller
            my hubbys an accountant. in his spare time he builds robots. need i say more?

my DH is nerdier...he manages the tech/web department for the largest text book publisher so he comes home with all this info on how frogs produce and things from medical text books..

in his spare time he: flies a radio control helicopter, trims his bonsai tress (his newest obsession)...he also surfs and plays in a punk band...but he is an uber-nerd!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#27 DEE1978

• 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:13 PM

Tammy, how cute that Steve trims bonsai trees!
              Mark is a nerd when he has time...he LOVES scrabble. He has a mini scrabble game that he keeps in the car so when he is at a redlight, Mark pulls it out plays for like a minute.

#28 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

My DBF is a geek. He is a financial planner. He shows people how to pay themselves and be financially free. (I need to make an appointment I am in debt) He also had mortgage protection plans with disability insurance. He likes it so I'll love it.

#29 Janet

• VIP Member
                • 7,459 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

my hubby just finally got a new job this week!!!!!! so it's funny you asked...

He is an analyst at a political polling firm. I guess it's technically called "public opinion research and strategic consulting" or something but really it's polling. So if you ever get those annoying calls that interrupt your dinner to ask you what you think about candidates or political issues, you can blame him :)

#30 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:41 PM

My FI is totally different than everyone else's, lol!! He works for the Union, he's an Iron worker. He likes the red sox and the patriots, so he watches the games a lot, usually I'm on the forum during that time, lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users