Riu Palace Riviera Maya in August 2010

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GoodGirl2010

GoodGirl2010
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

Newbie from NYC here.

My FI and I got engaged at the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas in August. We loved it so much that we decided to have our wedding at Riu Palace Riviera Maya in August 2010 (not yet confirmed). We're working with an agent that said our guest should expect to pay between 750-900 for they're flight and 4day/3 night stay.
    My FI and I are wondering if thats kinda on the expensive side considering that we vacationed in Cabo for 620pp for flight and hotel.

Any suggestions would help as we don't want our guest going broke for our wedding.

#2 GoodGirl2010

GoodGirl2010
    • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:01 PM

Newbie from NYC here.

My FI and I got engaged at the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas in August. We loved it so much that we decided to have our wedding at Riu Palace Riviera Maya in August 2010 (not yet confirmed). We're working with an agent that said our guest should expect to pay between 750-900 for they're flight and 4day/3 night stay.
      My FI and I are wondering if thats kinda on the expensive side considering that we vacationed in Cabo for 620pp for flight and hotel coming from NYC (as most of our wedding guest will be coming from there as well)

Any suggestions would help as we don't want our guest going broke for our wedding.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

Have you contacted a TA from this site? I would start there...

#4 TammyB

TammyB
        • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

I agree with Carly, we have some awesome TA's here on the forum, if you look at the banner at the top of the site you can click on it and get linked to one of them.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. :-)

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Cabo and riviera maya and 2 different places on opposites sides of mexico so it is really hard to compare apple to oranges.

If you are travelling at different time of the year that is going to factor in as well.

Also it is hard for anyone to say if your package price is high or not without knowing. dates of travel and where you are flying from.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 randi.renstrom

randi.renstrom
          • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

I could be wrong...but I feel like that is a somewhat good deal. We are hoping to go to RPRM in Nov 2010 for our wedding. Our travel agent thought it would be about 1600/per person for flights from MN to Cancun, and a week at the RPRM. (She thought it might go down some with group rates etc). It is more then I was hoping for, but my FI seems to think its ok, and when you think about that being absolutly EVERYTHING included, it's not bad. I was looking at so many different places I was driving myself (and my FI) crazy. I finally got pretty excited and set on the RPRM and now I'm worried about the price. But then again, it is your wedding, you have got to do what you want and would be excited about. And you are kind of planning other people's vacations, you want to make sure they are going to get something that they love and feel like the $ is worth it. Good luck with planning! Looks like we are at about the same place/path with planning :)

#7 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

That sounds about average to me, but you could always get other quotes to see if you can find something for less.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#8 GoodGirl2010

GoodGirl2010
              • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

Yes when we went the entire trip was $620 per person including everything. I guess we got lucky.

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:28 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by randi.renstrom
                I could be wrong...but I feel like that is a somewhat good deal. We are hoping to go to RPRM in Nov 2010 for our wedding. Our travel agent thought it would be about 1600/per person for flights from MN to Cancun, and a week at the RPRM. (She thought it might go down some with group rates etc). It is more then I was hoping for, but my FI seems to think its ok, and when you think about that being absolutly EVERYTHING included, it's not bad. I was looking at so many different places I was driving myself (and my FI) crazy. I finally got pretty excited and set on the RPRM and now I'm worried about the price. But then again, it is your wedding, you have got to do what you want and would be excited about. And you are kind of planning other people's vacations, you want to make sure they are going to get something that they love and feel like the $ is worth it. Good luck with planning! Looks like we are at about the same place/path with planning :)
                august and nov. pricing is going to be very different...august is the start of hurricane season and the weather can be a little too muggy for some...while nov. is the start of high season.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 GoodGirl2010

GoodGirl2010
                • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I actually signed up to be contacted by one of the BDW TA's.

Most of our guest will be flyying from NYC. Now we're unsure as to which month to plan the wedding- August or November/Dec?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users