Reception on the beach??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Sita&Nate

• 349 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 05:18 PM

Wow Angela, you are getting married in no time!! You must be so excited :)

#12 Angela139

• 455 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

I am! lol I can barely concentrate on anything right now! :)

#13 marny61

• 165 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

My daughter is having her wedding on the beach and the reception poolside. We do plan on having cocktails/appetizers on the beach while they are having pictures taken. Felt like this was a good compromise.

#14 Michelle613

• 331 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

I'm having a reception on the beach. Set-ups that I've seen have looked beautiful and romantic. Dancing under the stars, with the waves crashing near by, and not having to wear heels sounds good to me =) I guess it depends on what you feel comfortable with. Ask your coordinator about the wind situation, & I've heard of brides putting up a shoe table for guests to leave their shoes..
          Michelle & Arsen
          Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#15 jenninjamaica

• 547 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

We can't decide which reception to pick: a traditional banquet dinner or a Jamaican Beach Party. Thanks for the tips to consider, I hadn't even thought of wind! I still like the idea of a beach party, as we are taking a more casual approach, but now I have some things to consider! Thanks!!!!

#16 smckinney22

• 185 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:53 PM

We're having our reception on the beach but having a dance floor set up that the DJ is providing. If you're having a DJ you may ask if they have something like that available. Or see if there is an outside company you could rent one from. I figured the beach would be a cool experience for everyone. What other time could your friends and family say they all danced at a beach party together. (I'm in central TX so that doesn't happen often for us lol)

#17 MayaLove

• 369 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

^That is what we are planning to do as well. I think it's a great idea to have the reception right on the beach. :)
                Jenna & Chris
                Soon to have a lifetime supply of donuts.
                My BDW Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users