Photo

Is it a cost factor or just because you want you own???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patti

Patti
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

I'm confused. I never thought about taking my own centerpieces, chair sashes, decorations, etc? Didn't know that the resort didn't provide them (or maybe for a fee) and didn't know the resort allowed you to bring you own stuff. Is everyone taking their own because they want it their way on their special day or is it a cost factor?

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

I think it's a little bit of both. Pictures can only tell you so much so if you want it a certain way I would bring my own. I think generally it'll be a bit cheaper if you bring your own but then you have to travel with it and are stuck with the stuff after the wedding is over.

#3 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

I'm going to do it for both reasons. One because the centerpieces I want were quoted about $70 higher than what I can make them for. Plus I like knowing that it's set up the way I want it and I can save money! I also plan on using those centerpieces at our AHR and just adding more so it will work out best for me.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 Patti

Patti
        • 555 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:34 PM

Thank you. Just wasn't sure.

#5 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Hi there,
            Mine was cost factor, I seen pictures of the centrepieces and they ran about $75.00 per table and I have 5 - 6 tables. I was able to come up with something I liked for around $12.00 table. Sashes I wasn't sure about the cost and never inquired, I wanted the correct colour and I just found them online very cheap. I have a canadian vendor for anyone that needs Sashes and she is cheap. Just saves the duty if your in Canada, PM me if you need that information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users