• Please log in to reply
1503 replies to this topic

#191 KRama

KRama
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaraW
    I was thinking the same thing Christina! I mean, we have 55-60 guests, and even if we go to a dollar store and find, say, hand sanitizers for $1 each, that's already $55 just for one item in the OOT bag. I'm sure they can add up very quickly.
    I have the same concern. I was thinking of doing an OOT cup...we really want to do the customized mugs so I was thinking of just filling those up with a few travel related items like hand sanitizers, etc.

#192 Julie H

Julie H
    • 53 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'm doing OOT bags.Were doing one per room plus a kids bag for the few that are coming. So at the most maybe 15 bags. Koozies, aloe, some first aid items, maybe a deck of cards or puzzle book(for on the beach),something edible and Appleton rum that I'm getting at the airport. I agree though 50 or 60 guest is alot! We went to a DW last year on a cruise. I even did her hair for free(I'm a hairstylist) and hardly got a thank you. Not that I expected her to do alot, but even just a little thanku note, bottle of wine etc, would have been nice. It still bothers me a little! I just want the people who are coming to know how much it means to us that they've taken the time and expense to be with us for are wedding.

#193 CaraW

CaraW
      • 346 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Good point Julie H, and I was thinking that every single person would need their own bag, but good idea to do one per room. That would make it less expensive. I do want people to know how much it means to me that they came so far for us, because that's a big deal!

#194 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

I'm a May 8th bride as well and I all of a sudden want more time :)

I am doing OOT bags as well, one per room too. A friend suggested to me to get supplies from Costco as they come in packages of little packets that come to much less than a dollar per piece, just something to think of!

I decided to not do favors and just do the bag, I know that i personally would get a kick out of the bag more than a favor. I'm including a common spanish phrases book that I got free as a print out which I'll fold into a book, cocktails for dummies so they can have fun ordering different drinks at the bar, travel candle I'll make stickers for, custom match books, nice mesh beach bags, room list, welcome letter, bug spray, purell, motrin, emergency, vitamins, lip balm and a maraca.

I think it will be fun, definitely worth it!

#195 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

I wasn't planning to do OOT bags, but I'm starting to feel like I should! I may hold off to see how many RSVPs...I really don't want to haul them all down there....I'll keep you all posted on my decision!
            Loving married life! <3

#196 nicitica

nicitica
            • 186 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:15 AM

I decided to buy my bags here and buy the contents in Playa or Cancun once I am down there so that i have less to carry. Instead of personalized mugs, koozies, etc... i'll buy stuff that says Mexico, Riviera Maya, etc... I have too many bags (51)
              Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#197 *Linds*

*Linds*
              • 5,776 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

That's a good idea!
                Loving married life! <3

#198 Girasole

Girasole
                • 757 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

I am so concerned about getting stuff there undamaged, etc. Does anyone else worry about this?
                  Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#199 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

I do! That's why I am totally on the fence about the OOT bags at this point!
                    Loving married life! <3

#200 KarenM

KarenM
                    • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

We're also doing OOT bags - 1 per room. I bought 21 a while ago cuz they were on sale & I figured we probably wouldn't have more rooms than that, but I have no idea who's actually coming yet so I'll have to figure that out later.
                      So far we have pashminas for the girls, emergen-c, shout wipes, lip balm, sunscreen, little first aid kits, water guns (hee hee, I couldn't resist) and will be getting sudoku books, advil/tylenol, pepto or imodium, & maybe some cards. I think for the guys we might get a mini tequila or shot glass once we're down there. And we'll get some little pool toys & activity books for the kids that are going.
                      I like the idea of getting things locally when you're there to add to the bags, then you don't have to worry about bringing it all.
                      And hitting up Costco is a really good idea!

I'm not so worried about getting stuff there intact cuz none of it's really breakable, but I am a little worried about lugging it all there! I've heard from multiple people that we should hold onto our receipts & bring those in case we get stopped at customs. Also might be a good idea to split things up between you & FI and any friends/family coming from your area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users