• Please log in to reply
1503 replies to this topic

#151 K'osh

K'osh
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jstar83
    Getting married May 4th 2010 at Melia Las Dunas!!!
    Yeah...I finally found my date twin. I almost couldn't believe that I was the only one getting married this day.
    http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#152 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
    • 5,078 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:02 PM

wow some of you guys already got more than 10 guests!

so far, i only have 4 guests booked...ugh, i don't want any late minute bookings!

i am sending my invitations in January so hopefully, the bookings will roll in. i will need numbers for vendors by April so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i won't become a Bridezilla and call everyone to book already! ha.

#153 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
      • 365 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lily17bear
        another may 20 2010 bride here. i feel like i haven't done much, actually nothing at all. we are holding it at aventura cove palace and can't wait. is it may yet?
        Hello date twin!

I just put the invites in the mail! When we finished them on the weekend, I started strumming my fingers trying to think of anything else that there is to do. I feel like I am missing something...

#154 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
        • 365 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CaraW
          Hi ChristinaP!
          I am also from Calgary, the weather is getting terrible. I am counting down the days until May.
          We almost chose the Grand Palladium also! :)

Oh - and I didn't post my progress in my first post.
          I have sent out STD's, booked our date & time at the resort, bought my dress and bridesmaid dresses, and we have received 55 deposits for bookings. That number could go up or down still, but I'm pretty sure most people who have put their deposit down are in for sure. And we're just designing our invitations right now. :)

Cara
          Hi Cara,

I saw you on the Palladium thread a while back, but I really don't think any resort is a bad pick.
          I can't believe how many people you have booked already! I am hoping we will have an influx of deposits once the deposit date approaches, which is in a month.
          As for the crappy Calgary weather... I am seriously falling asleep at my desk right now it is so gray and dreary outside. Thank god for this forum...

#155 finleys7

finleys7
          • 703 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CrystalM
            Wow! I just found this thread!

I'm getting married May 1, 2010 in St. Thomas
            Crystal, we're getting married on the same day =)
            Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
            Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#156 nicitica

nicitica
            • 186 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

We have 54 confirms and 40 others who "say" they are coming! Oh geez, I dont know where we are going to put all of these people, but i guess it will be a great party!
              Akumal, Mexico 05.29.10

#157 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
              • 365 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by nicitica
                We have 54 confirms and 40 others who "say" they are coming! Oh geez, I dont know where we are going to put all of these people, but i guess it will be a great party!
                Wow! I can't believe you have that many people booked already-great job! I got all excited today because my TA e-mailed me the tally today, and we are at 10 + bride and groom...until I saw your post

#158 CrystalM

CrystalM
                • 829 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:56 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by finleys7
                  Crystal, we're getting married on the same day =)
                  Hi date twin!
                  I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#159 BeachBride10

BeachBride10
                  • 169 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:55 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by badrianne
                    Free postcards are awesome! Where is everyone?

I'm new to the this thread
                    Josh and I are getting married May 15, 2010... 5.15.10 I love that date... in Puerto Aventuras which is near Playa del Carmen in Mexico.

I see lexibride and sfrench0621 are my date twins. Anyone else?

I feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished so why is my to-do list growing?

Completed:
                    reserved wedding date and resort
                    picked TA
                    sent out STD
                    have dress and it's altered
                    invites printed... in process of glueing... plan to mail in Jan
                    Have maracas for favors
                    putting together OOT bags with the vows theme (i.e. in sickness and health)
                    bachelorette in Vegas last weekend, fun fun

My concerns include
                    52 ppl have said they are coming but only 7 have booked
                    wedding party hasn't booked
                    my bridesmaid w/ a degree in design offered to design/constructing BM dress... but no progress because she's commuting 4 hours a day
                    My FI is super busy w/ work until Jan
                    My mom is the opposite of overly involved
                    I want to plan decorations but I don't even have a confirmed location at the resort for my reception... and I have to wait till 4 months out.... grrr

Does anyone else feel similarly? I'm so glad I found this thread. I feel an instant bond because we are all going through the same stuff at the same time.
                    I too love this date 5.15.10! This is our wedding date as well. I too am frustrated that out of about 40 people who said they plan to go only my maid of honor has set up her reservation.

I am back May brides. I took a few months break from wedding planning and now I wish I hadn't. I am having such a big problem with making a decision on colors which is really putting a hamper on the rest of my planning. I can not make up my mind between fuchsia w/ ? color combo or turquoise/aqua and tan/khaki combo.

Completed: (I have sooo much to do still!!)

Reserved date and location
                    Purchased wedding dress
                    Sent out STDs
                    Set up website
                    Started table/decor ideas with different color combos
                    DIY invitations designed, but waiting until I decide on colors to finish them!

I was wanting to get our invitations out at the end of Oct/ beginning of Nov. but that obviously isn't going to happen since I still haven't picked the colors. I really want to get them out before the holidays though cause I am worried that people will be too busy and not have the extra money and get their invite and say they can't afford it because of xmas, etc. Although, I did send out the STD message in a bottle back in May.

When are you requesting your guests to RSVP by? I wish I could know NOW : ) so that I could start on the OOT bags and every other little thing. Ok, enough from me for now.

So excited and appreciative to share with all you May brides!
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt1cd71.aspx

Bride & Groom + 23 Guests Booked

#160 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
                    • 365 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

BeachBride- Have you thought about doing an invite that maybe doesn't require a color pick? Like a picture or something? I don't know, maybe this only works for STD's. Just a thought so you can try to get something out if you are stressed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users