Sign in to follow this  
lil_miss_frogg

May 2010 Brides!

update; my grand ma was operated on 4 days ago,and shes doing AMAZING..already walking and all.... shes going home in 2 days...so she may be able to make it afterall,cross your fingers for me!!

That's terrific news!!! Wishing your g'ma a very speedy recovery!

And finley - your aunt's sentiment perfectly captures how many of us feel. What a wonderful thing for her to say! And it's so great you'll have so many of your family with you!

Hey May Brides! So excited I keep having weddingmares.. Questions: for your OOT bags are you all mailing the items in advance or taking them with you? Does anyone know an event planner-coordinator for the Cancun area I've been trying to find someone for awhile now so far I've only found Dazzling Details and they are only los cabos? Thanks for the help ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
My Aunt had a nice and very true comment at the shower. "Why save my money for when I'm gone, why not splurge a little and go on the vacation. When in our lifetimes will both sets of cousins be away on vacation together, let alone Mexico" And it's so true. This is a once in a lifetime for some family members. We can't even get together at Christmas...so this is a TREAT and completely worth it in the Grand Scheme of things ;-)
I would rather the vacation, memories and great time, then the extra $1,000 down the line...
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar83 View Post
update; my grand ma was operated on 4 days ago,and shes doing AMAZING..already walking and all.... shes going home in 2 days...so she may be able to make it afterall,cross your fingers for me!!
I am glad to hear that! Crossing my fingers for you. :)

Ha, I wish my family had the same sentiment finley. For us, this wedding is a splurge, period...we have both been married before & seriously just were going to do a justice of the peace type wedding but we really wanted a nice vacation. We are so excited about it! I can't wait to swim, walk on the beach, snorkel, drink, eat & just have fun with the few people that did decide to join us!

JStar thats great for your grandma... I hope she gets to make it for your wedding...

I am having wedding nightmares as well.. I have no clue what else I have to do or get eeee.... LOL

Ladies I have a question for all of you.. Do you guys know that we will have to fill out customs card but are you ladies stating how much you are really bringing.... I usually put zero dollars but should we put morehuh.gif?

Oh I've been having weddingmares for like 8 months now!

thope - I'm not shipping a single item, I have 6 suitcases I'm hauling down with me. Search the forum and you'll find all the horror stories of things not making it and customs seizing and burning items so I just don't think it's a good idea at all.

I'm not using a wedding coordinator so I can't help you there, I'm sure there are some down there.

JT3 - I think I'm gonna put zero, I have no intention of selling anything and it's just supplies for a wedding that I'm not even bringing back with me. I doubt it will matter, anything NOT to raise a red flag! HAHA!