Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lil_miss_frogg

May 2010 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
i'm sorry that your mom wont be at your wedding. sad.gif

YAY for your dress! I want to see a picture!! woot.gif
Yeah me too, it's for no seriously good reason either frown.gif

You bet! Stupid place made me schedule an appointment to pick it up and told me they were too busy tomorrow to let me even try it on to see if I need alterations... whatever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvbeachbride10 View Post
I just stumbled across this thread, so I thought I would say hi to all my fellow May brides!
Welcome...when is your big day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies - I just had my surprise bridal shower on Saturday, it was soooo overwhelming and wonderful. It was a beach theme and the favors were towels and sunscreen...how cute. My wishing well was a Tiki Hut...LOVED IT!

 

People were soooo generous. My bridal party got us a 40 inch flat screen TV, and one family member on my FI's side bought us all of our place setting...soooo nice.

 

I hope all of you brides are this lucky to get all of the good loot in order to start your lives together. It was fun trying to survive without the microwave for a fews weeks...you would have thought it was the end of the world...but we forgot how much we use it. And now it was the second thing hooked up...after the TV of course. =)

 

Plus we are at 72 booked...yeah...it's all coming together, so nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
Hey ladies - I just had my surprise bridal shower on Saturday, it was soooo overwhelming and wonderful. It was a beach theme and the favors were towels and sunscreen...how cute. My wishing well was a Tiki Hut...LOVED IT!

People were soooo generous. My bridal party got us a 40 inch flat screen TV, and one faimly on my FI's side bought us all of our place setting...soooo nice.

I hope all of you brides are this lucky to get all of the good loot in order to start your lives. It was fun trying to survive without the microwave for a fews weeks...you would have thought it was the end of the world...but we forgot how much we use it. And now it was the second thing hooked up...after the TV of course. =)

Plus we are not at 72 booked...yeah...it's all coming together, so nicely.

Wow, that is the sweetest thing ever! You are a very lucky girl, I could only hope for such things =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is sweet, finley! :)

 

i'm frustrated with two of my BM's. Why did i have to pick them when they are known to be unreliable until the very end?

 

my godmother offered her timeshare to my MOH and one of BMs above. She wanted the payment end of february. the BM was in charge of sending payment to her and she told my MOH she didn't have money yesterday! So that means my godmother haven't received the payment and my MOH doesn't know what to do because the BM keeps stalling on the payment. Mind you, the room cost ONLY $90 bucks per person for a whole week. I'm pissed. MOH says she will go ahead and pay her part because she already booked her flight. She says she will go if that means she'll be alone. I dont want her to be alone, well not exactly since my godparents are going but still. The timeshare is at another resort.

 

My other BM hasn't paid her room deposit to one of my BMs who she is rooming at our resort. She hasn't gotten her flight ticket. She said she is waiting on her income tax return but then she only has a part time job. I don't think she will get enough income tax return to pay everything.

 

I need a drink. shots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
that is sweet, finley! :)

i'm frustrated with two of my BM's. Why did i have to pick them when they are known to be unreliable until the very end?

my godmother offered her timeshare to my MOH and one of BMs above. She wanted the payment end of february. the BM was in charge of sending payment to her and she told my MOH she didn't have money yesterday! So that means my godmother haven't received the payment and my MOH doesn't know what to do because the BM keeps stalling on the payment. Mind you, the room cost ONLY $90 bucks per person for a whole week. I'm pissed. MOH says she will go ahead and pay her part because she already booked her flight. She says she will go if that means she'll be alone. I dont want her to be alone, well not exactly since my godparents are going but still. The timeshare is at another resort.

My other BM hasn't paid her room deposit to one of my BMs who she is rooming at our resort. She hasn't gotten her flight ticket. She said she is waiting on her income tax return but then she only has a part time job. I don't think she will get enough income tax return to pay everything.

I need a drink. shots.gif
Oh man... gotta love the slacker members of the wedding party. I've had so much drama with groomsmen I can't even begin to go there. Our Best Man had nothing done up until a week ago. I literally lost it, I got serious and made FI sit down with him and tell him up front, we weren't goint to pay for him and his fiance to come to Mexico and that he's FI's best friend and he has one week to figure it out. I told FI he was no longer allowed at our home until his sh*t was figured out. This actually worked and he emailed me sheepishly letting me know he had booked.

As for your BM, $90huh.gif?? I'll come to your wedding for a $90 timeshare cost and stand in your wedding!! That is SUCH an amazing hookup she really needs to get it together. I'd get serious with her, she's known about your wedding for awhile now right, she has NO excuse, that's just not right. It's so not fair that your MOH is being affected because of this as well.

I'm ready to have a drink with you as well... ugh I can't wait until I'm in Mexico, that's all the keeps me going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were hoping for my best friend to be my MOH, no bridesmaids...and I was really hoping for my FIs brother to come & be his best man...well my MOH swears she is coming but hasn't gotten her flights or anything yet and my FIs brother told me Friday that he can't afford to go. At this point we both just have said, if they show, fine but we aren't going to let them ruin our wedding/honeymoon and we certainly aren't paying for them. It amazes me though how people are...we said from day 1, if you can't afford to go we understand but don't wait to the last minute telling us you can go then canceling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girasole View Post
We were hoping for my best friend to be my MOH, no bridesmaids...and I was really hoping for my FIs brother to come & be his best man...well my MOH swears she is coming but hasn't gotten her flights or anything yet and my FIs brother told me Friday that he can't afford to go. At this point we both just have said, if they show, fine but we aren't going to let them ruin our wedding/honeymoon and we certainly aren't paying for them. It amazes me though how people are...we said from day 1, if you can't afford to go we understand but don't wait to the last minute telling us you can go then canceling.
Ugh, that's so frustrating. I had about 3 "We wouldn't miss it for the WORLD! We'll definitely be there's" fall off. I don't understand why people can't plan 5-6 months in advance. I've been engaged for 2 years too and people have known that long in advance that is where we planned to get married.

That's the attitude you really have to take at this point, there's no reason to let their lack of planning ruin your day, it's still going to be the best day of your life :)

You have an AWESOME wedding date by the way, we're date twins!! smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×