Sign in to follow this  
lil_miss_frogg

May 2010 Brides!

Hi. I am also a May 2010 bride. I noticed some of you will be going the DIY invite route. So am I. I am only inviting immediate family and one or two close friends. I still want to do an invite but don't want to get stuck ordering 50 when I need 10. Anyway, looking forward to seeing projects and going through the process of planning a wedding.

Have any of you started to interview resorts/planners? I am getting married in Italy and am not sure when is the right time to start.

~Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positanobride10 View Post
Hi. I am also a May 2010 bride. I noticed some of you will be going the DIY invite route. So am I. I am only inviting immediate family and one or two close friends. I still want to do an invite but don't want to get stuck ordering 50 when I need 10. Anyway, looking forward to seeing projects and going through the process of planning a wedding.

Have any of you started to interview resorts/planners? I am getting married in Italy and am not sure when is the right time to start.

~Robin
Yes to DIY! You make only as many as you need....and have fun in the process! I'm doing Message in a Bottle invites and am so stoked to do it. My daughter, who's 8, is also excited to help out! About the resorts/planners question, I haven't because a lot of places I'm looking at say you can't reserve anything this far in advance. I have been getting quotes and stuff, but again; nothing is set in stone because they are giving me 2009 prices and not 2010. They said to expect at least a 3% increase in price by May 2010. So, I'd rather not get my hopes set on one place and it turn up to be to expensive for us or our family. But with all that said, Good Luck planning and be sure to hit us up with your ideas and post pictures of your DIY projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg View Post
Congrats on becoming a May 2010 bride! I hope we can encourage each other and share some ideas....maybe!
Thanks! hopefully this will keep me on track for getting everything done

I'm a May 8, 2010 bride! Getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay. I plan on sending out my Save the Dates June 1st, but it's been hard to wait!!

When is everyone going to start dress shopping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg View Post
Yes to DIY! You make only as many as you need....and have fun in the process! I'm doing Message in a Bottle invites and am so stoked to do it. My daughter, who's 8, is also excited to help out! About the resorts/planners question, I haven't because a lot of places I'm looking at say you can't reserve anything this far in advance. I have been getting quotes and stuff, but again; nothing is set in stone because they are giving me 2009 prices and not 2010. They said to expect at least a 3% increase in price by May 2010. So, I'd rather not get my hopes set on one place and it turn up to be to expensive for us or our family. But with all that said, Good Luck planning and be sure to hit us up with your ideas and post pictures of your DIY projects!
So excited to join the May 2010 Brides group!!

Where are you getting your supplies for the message in the bottle stds? How much did everything cost if you don't mind me asking? I really want to do these too. Seeing that some of you 2010 brides have already sent out invites I better get going on the stds!

Let's revive this thread as I think there are a lot more May 2010 brides than we realize!

Hey BostonBride2010 we have the same wedding date!

I sent out my DIY Boarding Pass STD's so they arrived 1-year away from my wedding. I've secured my date, ceremony spot and booked my hotel for the week I'll be there already.

I'm going to start DIY my passport invites and I'm going to print out some reminder postcards through VistaPrint to send out in a few months reminding people to RSVP by a certain date so I can send out the more detailed with information invites out to those who RSVP'd and the standard ones to those who didn't.

Dress shopping is next!

How'd I miss this before?

Let's hear it for the May-2010 ladies!! It's so nice to FINALLY be under a year and seeing so many other brides with our same timeline!

Kittenheart & BostonBride.. I see we're date twins!

I feel so behind!! I just got engaged and we are planning on a May 28. 2010 wedding in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. We are still trying to find a hotel that will accomadate the reception we want to have. I hope to get my STDs out ASAP after we set the date with the hotel. I like the idea of reminder postcards I was trying to think of a way to make sure everyone books to get the group rate!