May 2010 Brides!

May 29, 2010 bride here!!

I haven't sent out my STDs yet but I made them already. I also made an travel information on the resort and Playa Del Carmen. I just need to print them and buy stamps. I don't have a TA just yet but would want to know how many people will be going. How do I get them to give me a response if I don't have a TA yet? Could I just put RSVP or something like that?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I found this thread! I'm getting married May 15, 2010 at the Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

As of now I've only really booked the ceremony date at the resort, booked our travel and booked the venue for the at home reception. I sent links to our wedding website to guests and am working on STD's now and will make them through Vistaprint. Hope to get them out in the next 2 weeks.

I already bought a lot of wedding supplies on sale from Big Lots- they had Martha Stewart ones really cheap- $2 for 40 a box of invites, response cards and envelopes; $2 for 24 heart shaped favor tins; $2 for 40 thank you cards; $2 for 20 wedding program fans as well as $2 guestbooks. They're all really cute and I couldn't beat the price! Saved me a ton of money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
May 29, 2010 bride here!!

I haven't sent out my STDs yet but I made them already. I also made an travel information on the resort and Playa Del Carmen. I just need to print them and buy stamps. I don't have a TA just yet but would want to know how many people will be going. How do I get them to give me a response if I don't have a TA yet? Could I just put RSVP or something like that?
Sure - you could either have them RSVP to you, or an easier way might be to set up your own wedding web site (lots of sites offer them for free) and have people RSVP that way. But have you made your reservations yet? You may want to make sure the resort has availability and confirm your date before you send out your STD's. I waited until we actually had our date confirmed before I sent out our STD's. And who knows how quickly people will want to start booking - at a minimum they're probably going to have questions about pricing, so I would recommend finding your TA or determining how you are going to book your travel one way or another. Just my thoughts :)

I am so glad I stumbled across this thread! We are all bride twinkies! (ok well multiple twinkies really)

We are planning a May wedding at Sandos Playacar in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

We have not set our official date yet but either May 1 or May 15 if we can secure this with the resort.

We are just strating to get the process rolling.

You are all much further ahead of us.

I think at this point we might do STD /Invites and just save the money on multiple mailings. Plus we have some that are internet savey and some that will not be. So we will have to do a lot of manual follow up I think. But so far most have commented that they would be able to make it. Lets see if they book.

We are taking a trip down there in September to meet with the WC and get a look at everything.

Photographer is the one thing I am struggling with. The good ones are sooooo expensive and my little budget goes into stroke when I look at their prices. But the quality difference is so clear between some of them. This part is stressing me out!

It is great to have a group on the same time line as you!

Cheers!

Ohhh I'm getting married in May 2010 in Ocho Rios Jamaica :o) I'm JUST starting to plan my wedding so to hear that some of you have already sent out invitations makes me scared I wont get things done in time. I'm sending out the "save the date" cards next month. I figured 8 mths is a good "heads up" I need help figuring out how to make this as cost effective as possible...any ideas? Please heeeeelp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakenny View Post
Ohhh I'm getting married in May 2010 in Ocho Rios Jamaica :o) I'm JUST starting to plan my wedding so to hear that some of you have already sent out invitations makes me scared I wont get things done in time. I'm sending out the "save the date" cards next month. I figured 8 mths is a good "heads up" I need help figuring out how to make this as cost effective as possible...any ideas? Please heeeeelp!

I can't say enough great things about VistaPrint...they have such cute stuff at amazing prices! I wonder how they even make a profit because it seems like once you sign up they send you emails almost daily about free offers and promotions. We ended up doing a STD postcard and b/c we placed an earlier order for return stamps we got 100 postcards for free! smile29.gif

• 1 month later...

I just want to say it might only be eight months away but It still only seems like its gonna be tomarrow all the same! We're getting so excited!!!!

Whos all a May 2010 Jamaican bride!? Where are you staying?

I even seen a few who's getting married on our original date.. which was May 22, 2010...at ClubRiu negril....so We changed our date to a week later (which ended up being memorial day weekend..Yikes!,, but i think it will actually work out for everyone even better!)

To May 29th 2010 at RMB.... I even think My Mary Kay rep is coming to Jamaica! haha..

I just wanted to post some of this enthusiasm and excitement because i dont know how else to contain it!!!! muscle.gif

Congrats to everyone married in may or not. it is such a fantabulous thing and im so happy for everyone here!!

If anyone has any extra info on RMB please feel free to post it! I have done hours and hours worth of reading on it on trip advisor and here on the boards... but anything is so much apreciated!!!

One thing Is I hear the water has a lot of seaweed ... I'm expecting some.. but I hope its out a little ways...

Cheers everyone and Congrats again!!!smile72.gif

Jennifer