May 2010 Brides!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

I'm also a May 2010 bride. I'm getting married on May 31st in the DR. I'm excited but also a bit nervous and trying not freak out as the date gets closer. I feel like I have so much left to do. Like get bridal party gifts, figure out the flower situation, make the ceremony and reception program, get wedding bands, find a dress for the reception, and make gift bags. Oh and track down people how don't understand the meaning of RSVP. Sigh.

Meli

Thanks Ladies, the dress was brought to me and I fell in love at the salon. Then my mom and sis cried...so that was it =) When I tried it on last week and only needed the hem...I knew it was meant to be. I want to buy a plane ticket so it can sit next to me on the trip down. =) But I'll just keep visitng it up in the front hanger section instead ;-)

Diana- I am sitll laughing about the "the white one" I thought the same thing.

So the boys are getting measured tomorrow and we will be ordering the pants and shirts and suits for dads by the weekend...cutting it close. It's my fault for giving the Fiance ONE thing to go. =) HaHa

Hope everyone in the North East survived the storm this weekend. I had my sister with me because she is still out of power, since Saturday night and expected to come back Wed. =(

Soooo...other than that...things are on schedule!!!

How's everyone else.

Happy Monday Girls! I'm exhaused... my 5am wakeup for work every day just got signifcantly harder this morning.

FI and I had our first dance lesson yesterday. He wanted it and then was seriously dreading it yesterday. When we left after our hour long lesson, he said, "why was I dreading that, it was SO much fun!" still shocked he had fun... we've never danced together so it was a giant relief to find out that we actually CAN dance together and quite well too, we picked up on it really fast.

On the contrary to the Northeast, Cali was extra gorgeous this weekend... oh so beautiful. After our dance lesson, I realized we were approximately 5 miles from the ocean so took a drive down PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) and had seafood on the beach. We went hiking the day before as well, the weather is to die for right now.

Shannon, I LOVE NY, so I'm sorry to hear about the storm. I hope weather is clearing up for you this weekend.

I still need to figure out what the groomsmen are wearing so I'm WAAAY behind. All I have is their ties, LOL =)

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and that NO ONE is as exhausted as me!

I love California, Amy. It's gorgeous out there!! I think time change had something to do with you being exhausted. :)

I heard about that storm up northeast...you guys had it hard this year so far! geez!

i'm just really waiting for more guests to book so we can go ahead and order favors, chair sashes and etc...maybe end of april.

I'm having one of my first bridal shower next sunday. i can't believe it's coming up so soon. it hasn't hit me yet that i'm actually getting married!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
Thanks Ladies, the dress was brought to me and I fell in love at the salon. Then my mom and sis cried...so that was it =) When I tried it on last week and only needed the hem...I knew it was meant to be. I want to buy a plane ticket so it can sit next to me on the trip down. =) But I'll just keep visitng it up in the front hanger section instead ;-)

So the boys are getting measured tomorrow and we will be ordering the pants and shirts and suits for dads by the weekend...cutting it close. It's my fault for giving the Fiance ONE thing to go. =) HaHa
LOL this sounded a lot like me!!

My dress was brought to me and mom & sis cried and I knew it was the one then also. Only need to get it hemmed.

LOL we just got my fiance's suit, and we ordered the guys pants, shirt & tie, but luckily my FI started to even look because it took him so long to get started on that... the one thing I had him do. I kept saying to him, "this is THE only thing you have to do, and you don't even know what they're wearing yet??" LOL He thought he had to buy the GM outfits like a week before we leave or something.. well, that's when he was considering renting. haha ....Men!

But I will say, that once he got out there, and picked out what he liked, he showed me and I loved it! He did SUCH a good job! I'm impressed! I should've got him to do more things for the wedding! haha.