Poll : Hotel Choice

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 mellibean

• 69 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Im Pretty new here. i would like to know what hotel or ai hotel you chose in cabo and why? thanks for your help.

#2 JessicaM

• Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

I chose Dreams in Cabo because of the location (A little outside of town), and the fact it was a beauitful hotel and it was AI. I wanted a hotel that would be a treat for our guests to go to and provide a great backdrop for the wedding!

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

i wanted an AI and not to be right in town...i wanted a more resort feel and less of a spring break feel since we had lots of family (grandparents, kids) attending.

i chose dreams....the room rates were a little higher than what non-AI but the wedding package can't be beat.

hilton, cabo surf, sheraton, casa del mar, riu are also popular choices.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 michelle08

• VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

We chose Dreams to stay at because we wanted an AI. I am pretty sure that the RUI AI you have to make reservations for meals and Dreams you don't so that is why we picked that over RUI.

However, I decided against Dreams for my wedding although it would have been cheaper...I didn't like the Gazebo location or the beach and they couldn't provide me with a location on a grassy area overlooking the beach that was private enough. So I choose the Fiesta Americana to have the wedding at. We would rent their Imperial Suite for the night and it is 5200 sq feet w/ a private pool and grass and beach and you have the ceremony and reception all right there! It is very pricy though. The suite would cost us in May 2008 $2100 for just one night and that doesn't include anything else for the wedding!

However, after reading on this forum, I am now looking into the Cabo Surf because it also looks very nice, has had great reviews and can provide me with the grassy area overlooking the beach and the reception in a covered palapa (hut) as I had originally wanted!! So, hopefully the date is open (I am awaiting an email back) and we will change venues!! Plus the Cabo Surf seems alot more flexible and accommodating than the FA. So cross your fingers for me that the date is available!!! :)

Good luck planning!!!! If you have questions, just ask!

#5 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

Well, my decision was heavily influenced by this forum. Before I joined, I had never heard of Los Cabos or anything - and had never even been to Mexico before. There was a lot of information on Cabo, and Dreams in particular - and when I saw the pictures of the gazebo at dreams, I fell in love. It is a little bit closer than if we were to go to, say Cancun. I definately chose it because of this fourm and the easily accessable information. The good thing now, is that there is a lot of information on a lot of different resorts on this forum - so there is a lot to choose from! The only thing I didn't like about Dreams was that you can't swim in the ocean there - but I'm over it already! lol
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#6 KAMEYER70

• 108 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

I choose the Fiesta Americana because they have a beachfront villa on the hotel property (aka The Imperial Suite) that you can book for your wedding. It is very private, but offers the one-stop shopping of having the hotel catering staff, etc. The villa is at the southwest edge of the hotel property and has a nicely manicured lawn that gradually slopes down to the beach. We are getting married at the edge of the lawn and will have the reception on the patio terrace.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

Good luck!
            Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#7 NYJen

• 1,326 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:44 PM

Hey KM and Michelle,

I am planning to have a villa wedding. I like the idea of having a private pool, hot tub and being able to party into the night without getting "kicked out" when it's over. Because of the VERY pricey cost of just renting the space, my WC was trying to stear me towards Fiesta Americana Imperial Suites, but I said no. One of the things that had turned me off was that I thought it didn't have a private pool. Michelle - you mentioned it does have a private pool. That's good to know.

I'm going to Cabo this weekend to meet my WC and do site inspections. She's actually taking me to two villas and two resorts - Fiesta Americana is one of them. (I gave her to "ok" to revisit the idea of having the wedding in a resort - as long as it has a private space.)

Whatever you ladies can tell me about this place would be very helpful.

#8 Janet

• VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:49 PM

We chose the Cabo Surf Hotel because it was off the beaten path, small, intimate, and didn't break the bank with prices.

#9 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

Hey Jen, who's your WC? Is this the first time in Cabo?

#10 KAMEYER70

• 108 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

The Fiesta Americana is awesome! Every room in the hotel has oceanviews and private (albeit small) balconies. The food and service are excellent, though it is more expensive than the AI resorts.

The Imperial Suite is awesome, too. It does have a private pool, hot tub and even a fire pit off the side of the terrace. Because of the location at the edge of the property, it feels secluded.

Here are a couple pictures from real weddings...

Click the image to open in full size.
                    Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users