Weight Watchers Group

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#61 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:41 AM

congrats on the loss, Sarah!!!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

#62 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

Thanks Janet (and Kash- we can do this!)!! I'm going into a 60 hour work week right now and it's going to be sooo hard to eat good, but I keep telling myself that I only have 6 months to get into a dress, and it also helps that I tell myself I have to report to you and the rest of the girls. I don't know why, but somehow the guilt of screwing up this diet that I'm actually paying for makes me behave so far, we'll see...

#63 REBECCA

REBECCA
      • VIP Member
      • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

The beauty of WW is that it allows you to screw up. When you completely deprive yourself, that is when you will want to go on an eating binge.

Allow yourself the pizza, just get back on program the next meal. Sarah is right about not writing off the entire day if you blow one meal. Just count everything. If you snack while you're cooking, that snacking needs a to be counted in your points.

Eventually it will feel more like a lifestyle change, than a diet. You will automatically think about everything before you put it in your mouth.

I'm cheering for you girls too! I know you can do it!
        Rebecca
        <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
        Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#64 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:06 PM

Well I feel a little better after I came into work today and weighed myself for a group "Health Challenge" that we're doing at work. I was expecting it to have gone righht back up to where I started but it's stayed the same (even after my off-plan weekend) so I'm going to make up for it by Thursday to get that loss! I don't need much - a simple pound will make me smile :)

Anyway here's how th Health Challenge works if anyone is interested in doing it at their own workplace (or with friends/ family etc...)

1) Friday morning everyone who wants to participate weighs themselves on the scale (there should be one scale that everyone uses - we happen to have one in our office... It sounds weird but it makes sense. Tell ONE other person of your choice what you weight currently.

2) Set your weight loss goal. The minimum is 5 pounds to lose. Typically
          people try and lose about 4% of their body weight, so if you weigh 125lbs
          then 4% is losing 5 lbs; If you weigh 150 lbs then your goal is 6 lbs; If
          you weigh 175 lbs then your goal is 7 lbs. You can try and lose more if you
          want, but 4% is pretty doable for a month. Write your goal on the sheet that will be posted next to the scale (you don't have to post your weight just the amount you planon losing)

3) Lose weight! You have a month, and lots of other people around to support you, eat lunch with you, and exercise with you.

4) On November 20th (or whatever the date is 4 weeks/30 days after you start), weigh yourself on the same scale and tell your ONE person the number. If you have not met your posted goal (as verified by your witness), you pay $50 into the communal pot. If you make your goal, you split whatever money is in the pot with the the other folks who've also met their goal!

So that's the deal. What's nice is I'm suddenly surrounded by health conscious co-workers who a week ago were bringing in home baked cookies and cakes!
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#65 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

What an awesome idea! I'll have to try to get the girls at work into something like that. I'm sure it would decrease the amount of really bad food that gets brought in all the time!

#66 REBECCA

REBECCA
            • VIP Member
            • 1,825 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:34 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by gkashmira
              Well I feel a little better after I came into work today and weighed myself for a group "Health Challenge" that we're doing at work. I was expecting it to have gone righht back up to where I started but it's stayed the same (even after my off-plan weekend) so I'm going to make up for it by Thursday to get that loss! I don't need much - a simple pound will make me smile :)

Anyway here's how th Health Challenge works if anyone is interested in doing it at their own workplace (or with friends/ family etc...)

1) Friday morning everyone who wants to participate weighs themselves on the scale (there should be one scale that everyone uses - we happen to have one in our office... It sounds weird but it makes sense. Tell ONE other person of your choice what you weight currently.

2) Set your weight loss goal. The minimum is 5 pounds to lose. Typically
              people try and lose about 4% of their body weight, so if you weigh 125lbs
              then 4% is losing 5 lbs; If you weigh 150 lbs then your goal is 6 lbs; If
              you weigh 175 lbs then your goal is 7 lbs. You can try and lose more if you
              want, but 4% is pretty doable for a month. Write your goal on the sheet that will be posted next to the scale (you don't have to post your weight just the amount you planon losing)

3) Lose weight! You have a month, and lots of other people around to support you, eat lunch with you, and exercise with you.

4) On November 20th (or whatever the date is 4 weeks/30 days after you start), weigh yourself on the same scale and tell your ONE person the number. If you have not met your posted goal (as verified by your witness), you pay $50 into the communal pot. If you make your goal, you split whatever money is in the pot with the the other folks who've also met their goal!

So that's the deal. What's nice is I'm suddenly surrounded by health conscious co-workers who a week ago were bringing in home baked cookies and cakes!
              Kash,
              That is great. Being surrounded by support and making into a game will make if fun. We had our own WW groups at work, 4 of us girls and it is all we talked about! But it worked, wee stuck to it
              Rebecca
              <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
              Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#67 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

THat is a great idea Kashmira, I wish I had a support group at work. I work with a bunch of men so no go there, and at home both Cain's Ma and Cain love to eat junk food, so I'm always battling, "no I don't want that piece of candy, that cookie or that muffin" Plus where their being lazy on the couch and my baby boy is snuggling on someone elses lap I get a little jealous and it's hard to work out knowing he's being a trader to me..

#68 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:25 PM

OK girls, I have accomplished a milestone. I am so excited! I just made it through my whole TaoBo Basic Boot Camp DVD this morning. All 54 minutes without "wimping out" or anything. This is the first time I have finished a Tae Bo DVD through the whole workout in probably 4 years! I've done Tae Bo alot, but if I'm getting tired and wimping out I always would quit. Well, today I DID IT!!!! Woohoo! I think I'm going to pass out or have a heart attack, but I DID IT!!!!
                  Sorry, I got a little excited- it's the little victories, you know?

Had to use all my happy smilies too :)

#69 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

Good for you Sarah, I remember when I was taking kickboxing and I felt so stupid panting away like a tired dog after only 10 minutes. It will continue to get easier and easier, you'll see.

#70 gkashmira

gkashmira
                    • 1,962 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

Tammy - I feel you! My workplace is normally a bastion of baked good, and junk food! Actually it still is but at least people (boys too!) are trying to eat healthier. It IS hard to work out when you see everybody else (and the pups!) snuggling all cozy onthe couch...

Sarah - WOOO-HOOOOOOO! Conratulations! That is so awesome - you must feel wonderful.. and think of all those little calories you burned away. The beauty of the work-out is you'll continue burning extra calories fora few hours after you stop.. yay added benefit!
                      Kashmira & Dan
                      Happily married since June 16, 2007
                      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users