Photo

Weight Watchers Group

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#191 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

Also to add on to what Rebecca says, for those girls (IE me) who crave Chocolate, it's actually been known that when your body is craving chocolate you need to eat vegs, yeah I know, not the same but when your body is lacking something which is why we think it's chocolate, but it's not.

Now in theory this sounds right, but during that time of the month, I NEED chocolate. Other times I will eat those vegs...

#192 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TAMMYM
      Also to add on to what Rebecca says, for those girls (IE me) who crave Chocolate, it's actually been known that when your body is craving chocolate you need to eat vegs, yeah I know, not the same but when your body is lacking something which is why we think it's chocolate, but it's not.

Now in theory this sounds right, but during that time of the month, I NEED chocolate. Other times I will eat those vegs...
      There is something sick and wrong with having to eat vegetables when your body craves chocolate. I think my body is such a well-oiled machine that it wouldn't be deceived by the veggies- it would still know it wants chocolate! lol
      On another note, I asked a skinny coworkers whose body I envy what her weightloss and exercise routine is. She says 2 years ago she was in the same boat I am (20 lbs overweight) and with an event to lose weight for (wedding). She used the Cindy Crawford Total Body Workout DVD and counted calories (basically what I'm doing with WW). She lost the weight and has kept it off by continuing to watch her cals and doing the workout twice a week.
      So, I ordered the Cindy Crawford workout on Amazon.com for like $12 including shipping and got it last week. The only equipment you need is a chair for balance and hand weights of your choice (warning- I started with 6lb weights since I was feeling pretty strong from BFL- BIG mistake- start lower!) I procrastinated over the weekend and did it for the first time yesterday. I have to say that it seemed like a super easy workout (even though you literally do like 200+ arm raises, over 300 crunches, trust me- you don't realize you're doing that much!) andit goes by so fast, but I can honestly say I have never been so sore...from any workout...ever. I just got up and I can hardly move- don't know how I'm going to work 12 hours tonight!
      So, if you want something that seems low-impact but will totally kick your a$$, get Cindy's DVD- it's old, like 1990s, but it's great. I'll let you know how it goes over the next couple weeks, if i can ever walk again!

#193 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

By any chance is it "Shape Your Body Workout" - I can't find the Total Body one ... I think I may purchase as well, I can do this at home! FI may laugh at me, but he won't be laughing once I look like a smokin' babe! (laughing to myself right now!)

#194 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:12 PM

hehe-oops it is Shape your Body. I think it's the pain I'm in today that's not letting me think clearly!

#195 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:16 PM

I just may purchase it - and make myself do it at home in the mornings.

#196 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:20 PM

Just be careful! hehe
              Honestly, I really like it so far- we'll see how it goes over the next few days. I really don't think I'll be able to do it for a couple days though.

#197 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:30 PM

The only negative reviews it got were about how fast she went, and how unsafe it was because of her poor posture, etc. So hopefully I can work my way past all that and get a good workout! Does it really seem like you got a good workout all over?

#198 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

My arms hurt, my butt hurts, my thigs hurt, my calves hurt, I can't even touch my abs much less laugh or cough. It takes me three times as long to walk up or down the stairs at my house! I'm not a super experienced body builder or pay much attention to having perfect posture, but if my muscles are this sore I know I've worked them.
                  I just don't get good results from workouts that say they are doing something, but yet you're never sore. When I'm sore, I know I will see results.
                  One thing with Cindy is that you can totally tell she's just trying to look cute some (or most!) of the time- you'll see what I mean if you get it. However, if you do what she's doing but remember some basic body mechanics you'll be fine.

#199 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

I'll let you know how it goes! Do you need a lot of equipment?

#200 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,996 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:01 PM

You need a chair to hold on to for balance for a couple exercises, and you need small weights. I started with 6lb weights- waaay too much. Unless you're really strong, I'd go no more than 5lbs to start out with, maybe just 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users