Weight Watchers Group
Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:50 PM
Here is the most delicious recipe for marinara Sauce. It is a WW recipe and is 1 point for 1 Cup!
MARINARA SAUCE WITH TURKEY SAUSAGE
2-Italian Style Turkey Sausages, casing removed
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 (28oz) Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp dried Oregano
2 Tbsp of Sugar (or cooking Splenda)
2 tsp crushed red peppers (leave this out if you don't like spicy food)
Brown Sausage in a skillet, breaking it apart with a spoon. With a slotted spoon, transfer it to slow cooker or deep skillet. Next, saute onion, garlic, until soft. Add to slow cooker or deep skillet. Then add tomatoes, basil, oregano, sugar and crushed peppers to mixture.
Stir, cover and cook 20 - 30 minutes on med heat in skillet for a quick meal. Serve yourself when it's hot and let it continue to thicken on low for about an hour before you put it in the fridge.
If you have time, I like using the slow cooker on High for 3 hours. You can add the crushed peppers for the last hour. The longer the peppers cook in the sauce, the spicieer it gets.
Trust me, this is SOO good, it is amazing how easy and low in points it is!
Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:57 AM
have you guys lost any weight since you started? 9Rebecca we know how much you lost - yo're our superstar motivator). Great recipes bBTW - I defintiely need to start making my own pasta sauce for 1 point per cup!
Posted 07 November 2006 - 03:32 AM
Chewing gum helped me. Put a stick of gum in your mouth right after you finish your meal. It gets the taste out of your mouth and you are less likely to eat more.
You are asking how to stay focused. Hmmm.. I think changing meals a lot. Don't always eat the same things. PLAN your entire day of meals before you leave the house. KNOW eactly what you are going to eat. Also eating every couple hours might help. BUT you have to count, otherwise it won't work
Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:50 AM
1) I make food, count it all up and all is well
2) I make food count it all up and all is wel... until I feel hungry again. Mostly I've been curbing this urge to eat more by slicing up a big apple into small peices and then eating it really slowly peice by peice. BUT there has been a few days where I just ate more food - even if it was healthy. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal and would be the "flex ponts" but since I (and this is obviously a bad trend that I need to break) had a friend visit me for night from out of town we went out for mexican and even though I ordered well (shrimp and rice) and took 1/2 home I still ate the chips and salsa and drank some of a margarita... which I am just counting as my 35 points (who knows how much oil and crap was in the food too!). Anyway that was last week on Thursday - the first day of my week!
3) All is well but then my FI makes dinner and I dont' know how to count up what he's cooked with becuase he made it before I came home from work. And I have to eat it because he's all proud and spends tons of time preparing these meals and trying new recipes...
But the big thing that I think you nailed right on the head is variety - I have basically been eating the exact same thing everyday for every meal... might explain why I'm suddenly not as satisfied! Ok, I'm going to try it!
Anyway, tomorrow I need to go back and weigh in (I also missed one meeting/weigh-in) because it was the same day my friend came into town...
hmmm... it's all starting to make sense!
rebecca - you are So close to your wedding - when are you flying out?
Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:03 AM
So, back to the strictness this week, I promise! Keep it up, we can do this!
Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:40 AM
I know I stalled out because I ate out too much and all tyhe same but I neeed to be strict again too!
OK, starting right... wait for it... wait for it... NOW!
Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:18 PM
Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:25 PM
Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:25 PM
Up until last Monday I had lost 4.5 lbs so far. I had a terrible week at work and have pretty much been eating nonstop for the last few days, so I'm dreading the weigh in in the morning. But, then I'm back at it on Monday. For turkey day, I'll just use my extra points that day, probably all on pie- I don't really care about too much turkey!
Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:03 AM
Sarah, don't worry or feel bad. The lady who talks at the meetings has this really cute saying she uses when people talk about how they overate on day or one week, "We're trying to be slim - not saintly." I don't know why but I love that! Anyway they also say that one meal/one day/one week isn't going to make you fat...
It doesn't mean that you can't have a bad week at work and eat more than usual - it just means that when you're done you go back to eating right.
As of Thursday at my weigh in I had lost a little less then 8 pounds but since then I've already used ALL my flex points plus to extras... and it's only Sunday! Thank god my flex points re-set on Thursday! I'm with you on saving my points for pie! Here are the tips they gave us about dealing with Thanksgiving:
1. Decide exactly what and how much you're going to eat aheasd of time (it doesn't have to be within your points or anythiing but deciding what you're going to eat helps you to not eat all the other stuff you don't really want.
2. "If it's not the best - don't ingest" (she loves these sayings obviously) - but anyway it seems like good advice. I'm not going to waste my points on anything that's not delicious and worth it!
3. Stay away from appetizers - they're small but caloric.
4. Don't take seconds. Take as much as you want on your first trip and wenjoy it. Don't pretend like you're going to eat a 1/2 cup of mashhed potatoes and then go back four times.
5. Get rid of everything in your house you don't want to continue eating (i.e. that extra pumpkin pie that never got served)
Anyway, Wednesday is the end of the "Health Challenge" at y work so I really want to lose another pound between now and then.. why you ask? So I can collect all the money that basically everyone else is paying in ($50/ person who didn't make their goal split among the people who did). As far as I can tell basically no one has met it so I want to do it and collect like $500! That's motivation
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users