Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gkashmira

Weight Watchers Group

Recommended Posts

LOL.. I tried the Ty-bo (question spelling) and it was great, but my problem is I get bored doing the same thing day end and day out. So I had to change it up.

 

Sarah, its a VERY good thing that your sore from the workout, that means it's working, however the bad part is that you may have "overworked" your muscles and it will take longer to repair them. I'd say do the work out everyother day to start.. Maybe even twice a week for the first couple of weeks and build yourself up. You don't want to be too sore that you don't want to work out the next day. Also remember girls that your muscles need time to relax so never work the same body part two days in a row.

 

Ok that's all I have to add for now.. Good luck everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ann & Sarah, my mom had that tape when I used to live at home and I used to do all the time and I lOVED it! Oh and I hear you on the sore thing, I remember when I used to do her tapes that I could barely sit on the toilet, thats how bad my butt hurt, and every other muscle in my body!! Its funny that you brought this up because I was just thinking of asking my mom if she still had it so I could steal it. I think they're may even be two videos, I think my mom had the second one, not sure, I'll have to check. I really like to feel something after a workout so I know its doing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we all try to do this (or something similar) and report back a few times a week! Then we'll at least feel the pressure to be able to say "I did my workout!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
LOL.. I tried the Ty-bo (question spelling) and it was great, but my problem is I get bored doing the same thing day end and day out. So I had to change it up.

Sarah, its a VERY good thing that your sore from the workout, that means it's working, however the bad part is that you may have "overworked" your muscles and it will take longer to repair them. I'd say do the work out everyother day to start.. Maybe even twice a week for the first couple of weeks and build yourself up. You don't want to be too sore that you don't want to work out the next day. Also remember girls that your muscles need time to relax so never work the same body part two days in a row.

Ok that's all I have to add for now.. Good luck everyone.
Oh, I definitely agree that I overworked myself- there is no way I will be able to workout like that more than twice a week. Tammy (or anyone else), what do you think is better for me to do: kick my butt like I did the other day and do it 2-3 times a week, or do the workout half-a$$ed every day?


Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
Ann & Sarah, my mom had that tape when I used to live at home and I used to do all the time and I lOVED it! Oh and I hear you on the sore thing, I remember when I used to do her tapes that I could barely sit on the toilet, thats how bad my butt hurt, and every other muscle in my body!! Its funny that you brought this up because I was just thinking of asking my mom if she still had it so I could steal it. I think they're may even be two videos, I think my mom had the second one, not sure, I'll have to check. I really like to feel something after a workout so I know its doing something.

Yeah- you'll have to get it and try it again- let me know what you think!


Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
I say we all try to do this (or something similar) and report back a few times a week! Then we'll at least feel the pressure to be able to say "I did my workout!"
Ann- I think that's a great idea, we can report to eachother and we each can be sympathetic:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah I without question think you should do a workout that challenges your body, if you can only do it twice a week at first, thats fine, just keep building it up over time, the workout will get easier for you. This is my theory, if you work half @$$ on a workout your only cheating yourself and you'll end up quiting because you don't see the results you wanted to.

 

I think the really good thing about those DVD's is that you have to try to keep up, when a person works out of their own its far to easy for then to say "man I'm tired, I can't do "x" amount more I'll just stop here". The reason I LOVED going to classes for kickboxing is because I was challanged to keep up with the rest of the class, so it didn't allow me to give up as easily.

 

Sarah do the workout twice a week for 3 weeks, then 3 times a week for 3 weeks, and keep increasing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Sarah I without question think you should do a workout that challenges your body, if you can only do it twice a week at first, thats fine, just keep building it up over time, the workout will get easier for you. This is my theory, if you work half @$$ on a workout your only cheating yourself and you'll end up quiting because you don't see the results you wanted to.
Sarah do the workout twice a week for 3 weeks, then 3 times a week for 3 weeks, and keep increasing it.
Thanks for the advice- we'll see how it goes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are all very motivated! Congrats Sarah on your body being so sore form a great work-out! I agree with Tammy that it's better to work out hard less often than half-a$$ed... not that I'm doing anythign these days but that's been my experience in the past.

 

I am having such a sh*tty day today.

 

Oh and Sarah - there weren't any "Scarlets" at the Monique Lhuiliier sample sale sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read that in the other thread- what a bummer! I'm sad- but especially for you!

Hope the rest of the week is better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls,

What's this? No posts since December 8th?!?!? Okay...I'm back to say that I'm pulling out my points calculator tomorrow and I'm back in. I have gained back at least half of the weight I've lost (maybe more?) and it's time to get back on track. Who's in with mehuh.gif?

 

cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm joining! I've done WW before and lost 15 lbs last summer. I used their online program which was fun and easy but I have cancelled it (I'm trying to save any way I can!). I still have my books and points tracker guide. So I'm In!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×