Sign in to follow this  
trogers

New.. looking for Mexico destination

Hi! My name is Tara and we are looking for a Mexico or any other beach destination really. I was interested in Dreams Cancun, but after finding out we have to arrive 4 business days before the wedding, that option is out.

so anyway, I am here to just find out more info on whats out there. We would like to arrive on Thursday for a Saturday wedding if anyone knows of any places where you can do this. We are looking forward to a wedding date of Jan. 1, 2011. Thanks!

Hi, Tara. I'm also from Houston originally. Just live in Dallas right now. A lot of the gals are getting married at home at the Justice of the Peace before going over to Mexico to get married. My daughter did that as well. Just didn't tell anyone. I'm getting married in Cabo, however, I am going over early to make it legal there. Good luck.

Welcome Tara! You have definitely come to the right place. If you want to get legally married in Mexico all resorts have some sort of minimum stay requirement. A lot of brides actually get legally married at home and have a symbolic wedding at their choice resort.

Getting married legally at home saves a lot of time, $ and hassle - most brides just don't tell their guests and dont make a big deal out of the legal home marriage...just an option!

Welcome and congrats! We wanted the same thing...we didn't want to wait so long to get married after we arrive. For us, Jamaica was the best option. Technically, you only need to be there for 24hrs before your ceremony. We're arriving on Saturday, and getting married on Monday. Best of luck!!

Congrats and welcome to the forum, the best way to avoid the 4 day requirement is to do the legal part at home before you leave, it can save some extra money and you don't have to worry about all the paperwork and making sure everything is translated and all that.

Hi Tara,

I am getting married at the Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya, and doing a non-legal ceremony we have to be there 3 days ahead of time. Seems like any resort in Mexico I checked required us to be there 3-4 days in advance. Good luck planning and welcome!

-Steph

Hi Tara!

We are also getting legally married at home after the wedding in Mexico. We chose to do it after because of the paper work/passports that would have to be changed with the name change.

I also live in Houston!

Congrats & have fun planning!

-Ashley

PS we are getting hitched at Moon Palace in Cancun!