Photo

KAUAI WEDDING REVIEW! (w/ pics!!)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 bride2010

bride2010
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

I love love love your reception and ceremony set-up...so beautiful!!! When we started planning a DW, my FI and I always said that we wanted the ceremony with the beach as a background. This was non-negotiable, but I would leave the beach behind to have the set up you had for your ceremony. Congratulations to you both!
    http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
    26 Booked + Bride & Groom
    "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#22 JayBee

JayBee
    • 238 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

It was really difficult to give up the idea of a beach ceremony, but I had wanted a backyard reception rather than a restaurant or a resort. It was hard to reconcile these two desires, and logistically it just worked out better to have the ceremony on the property. It was so beautiful I didn't even miss the sand and waves!

#23 Flasong

Flasong
      • 340 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:12 PM

Great detailed review. Thanks for taking the time to share

#24 mrs.timpone

mrs.timpone
        • 312 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

omg wow your wedding looks like something from a fairytale! so beautiful! congrats!

#25 roo66

roo66
          • 1,001 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

Without doubt your wedding venue has got to be the best ive seen from all the reviews ive read.Deffo worth all the pain in securing it im my honest opinion.Theres something very special about Hawaii i will get there one day!!
            CONGRATULATIONS

#26 Mallory57

Mallory57
            • 454 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

I LOVE the decorated tent poles! Everything was beautiful!
              35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#27 DolphinMareDVM

DolphinMareDVM
              • 26 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Hey girl,

Thanks so much for posting this review. You're wedding pics are awesome. Even though I leave for Kauai in less than a month (yikes!), it's still helpful to read. I'm not that fussed on the little details, but I have to say, without my WC, I'd be so overwhelmed! We also had a hard time finding a location. We wanted to have a the ceremony in a backyard that bordered on the beach. We visited Kauai in Sept, looked at a few places, and discussed which one we liked on the way home. By the time we landed, the location we decided on was booked! We ended up finding a place in Kilauea on a bluff over looking the ocean. But it sure was a headache to find! So, to any Kauai brides out there, if you find a place you like, book it right away.

I'm flying US Airways from Orlando to Kauai. It sucks that the most conveinent airline isn't very good. I've seen bad reviews about them before. Did you have your dress steamed/pressed when you got there?

I'm going to have to post something similar when I get back, especially since we're using totally different vendors from yours. There just aren't enough Kauai brides out there, so I agree, we should help each other out.

Thanks again for sharing!

#28 lizconemac

lizconemac
                • 161 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

I loved your review! I'm getting married in Maui in August and i just love when I see stuff about Hawaii! Your reception set-up was absolutely amazing! I'm blown away at how beautiful your pictures are. You did a fantastic job!!!

#29 JayBee

JayBee
                  • 238 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for all the comments! Like I said before, I really can't take credit for that much of it, our wc Diana Gardner did an amazing freaking job! That woman knows her flowers, and she did the tent poles, the altar, and the centerpieces w/ just herself and a couple helpers. I really wish she could've done our bouquets, too, because her taste and style are phenomenal!

I can't wait to see the future Hawaii weddings!!

#30 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,680 posts
                    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                    • LocationUtah

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Kauai - awesome choice :-) Oh my, the ceremony site and the flowers are freaking awesome! wow. I love all the colors. You 2 make a good looking couple. Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users