Photo

**credit card**

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

I just got back fron DR and suspects that my debit card and credit card info was used for other purpose than was intended. I had used my debit card at the bank and the CC at the hotel. I am not 100% sure but it could have been from the use there so be carful and keep up with your bill...

#2 Tam

Tam
    • 551 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:11 AM

Were there extra charges on your card? Was money taken out of your bank account?
      Hopefully your CC company covers the cost of what was spent...
      That's crappy that happened to you.. and makes me nervous to send my info to hold my wedding reservation.
      Good luck

#3 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
      • 657 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:41 AM

Is it a large amount? If it is your cc you can fight the charges. I also know that most debit and cc charge you a % for using your card outside the US
        Cory & Jennifer
        March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#4 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:51 AM

Interesting - my friend and I stayed at Riu Palace last year and had a similar situation. I paid cash for everything and she used her card and there were discrepancies on her card as well - the translation of pesos to dollars is sometimes unclear.

#5 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
          • 347 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:23 PM

The charges were back to the US. As I said I'm not 100% sure but my friend was sayinb the bank I used there is also in the Bronx in the US and my CC and debit card was used in that area. I know I used my CC at the Riu and at the MP. My debit card was only @ the bank.

#6 DTHSLove

DTHSLove
            • 347 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Yes they will take care of the charges..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users